Fulton Sun Shield help

These get screwed on to the windshield posts inside of the drip rail.

A center bracket clamps from the sun-visor onto the windshield center chrome trim.

Set it in place to make sure you like the looks, these do change the overall lines of the car.

20 minutes ago, West Peterson said:

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 1.40.05 PM.png

So, apparently I'm not missing any parts, but do the screws go into pre-drilled holes in the rain gutter? Or, ??????

No, being an after-market and universal type accessory, there are not typically any pre-drilled holes in the factory rain gutter.

You determine exactly where you want your brackets to mount, drill (knowing your decision is likely permanent), and install.

Differing from the pictured version which wraps around the external edge of the rail, yours would mount inside the vertical edge of the drip rail,

with the bolts coming from the external side of the rail, and nuts inboard of the bracket (unless the bracket is threaded  - and I would still use a nut and lock or star washer.

If ever removed, of course the holes remain, requiring repair.

Good luck.

Edited by Marty Roth
typo, and additional note (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, West Peterson said:

Thanks, Marty. When I said "pre-drilled" I meant before attaching. But we're trying to re-attach this shield to the Cadillac, and there aren't any holes. So, is it possible that it attaches without holes?

Sorry, West, for the misunderstanding.

I don't recall ever seeing a Fulton with only a clamping bracket and without any holes.

I like the look of the external visor on some cars (Hudson 1948 - 1954, some '40s Buick models, etc), but never on a convertible, and that's all I have.

Wes,

We have one on this 51 Plymouth Suburban - I'll get you some pictures tomorrow of the mounting on the A Pillar.  Great for the sun shade, bit of a hinderance when you are first car in line at traffic lights.  

Don

DSC_0842.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, West Peterson said:

I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing in order to install this Fulton Sun Shield on a 1946 Cadillac. How do these brackets attached to the car?

Anyone have a Fulton on their car to take some photos, please?

20230606_091106.jpg

You might want to google "Fulton Sun Visor". There are videos and various instructions that would be a good reference and possibly answer all your questions with photos or illustrations.

Here you go Wes, it's been on the car since 1990.  Just be careful with the center support.  I can't remember now how we did it but we cracked one side of the windshield of the windshield mounting the visor.

DSC_0131 (2).JPG

DSC_0132 (2).JPG

DSC_0133 (2).JPG

DSC_0134 (2).JPG

DSC_0135 (2).JPG

• Thanks 1

I installed a Fulton Sunvisor on a 50 Chrysler Windsor back in the 80s.  It might be OK for really hot climates, but I really didn't need one in San Diego.  Also, it gave a tunnel vision effect, which I did not like.