For Sale: 1961 Mercury Meteor 800 4dr Sedan - $12,000 - Colorado Springs, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $10,000: 7-12-2023:

For Sale: 1961 Mercury Meteor 800 4dr Sedan - $12,000 - Colorado Springs, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $10,000: 7-12-2023: See New Link Below:

1961 Mercury Meteor 800 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

This 1961 Mercury Meteor 800 is a turquoise, four-door with a 352 FE engine, automatic, and 23,000 miles. The vehicle is original aside from the upgrades to the major components for a more comfortable, enjoyable ride. Including a high-voltage alternator, trunk sound-deadening mat, and possible sound system. Also, there is some paint damage. There are some dents on the left side (or driver's side). There are no paint cracks from the dents. Finally, the driver's sun visor was removed because of the unstitching on the visor. The car's rear lights don't work because of the turning switch. And the power steering needs to be replaced.  I do have the original generator, brackets, and wiring harness. The original spare rim and tire. As well as a small basket of extra bolts, light bulbs, the visor, the shop maintenance manual, etc.  A new gas tank was put in in 2018, and the transmission was rebuilt in 2020. The vehicle has been garage kept. I do have the title in hand.
Copy and paste in your email: fa92ea182462348d9e4edc9caaf00107@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1961 Mercury Meteor 800 4dr Sedan.

'61 Mercury Meteor 800 CO a.jpg

'61 Mercury Meteor 800 CO b.jpg

'61 Mercury Meteor 800 CO c.jpg

'61 Mercury Meteor 800 CO d.jpg

'61 Mercury Meteor 800 CO e.jpg

'61 Mercury Meteor 800 CO f.jpg

'61 Mercury Meteor 800 CO g.jpg

'61 Mercury Meteor 800 CO h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $10,000: 7-12-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I don't want to judge, but I'm having a hard time taking the mileage at face value. There are some OK things about that car, but several things that make you wonder...like a POSSIBLE sound system (???) I guess he means a sound system is available if you want it, Maybe I'm spoiled by the low price I paid for my '61 sedan, but I agree that the car is overpriced by a significant amount.

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1961 Mercury Meteor 800 4dr Sedan - $12,000 - Colorado Springs, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $10,000: 7-12-2023:

Still Available, Price Reduced to $10,000: 7-12-2023:

1961 Mercury Meteor 800 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

The 1961 Mercury Meteor 800, is a stunning turquoise four-door sedan equipped with a powerful 352 FE engine and automatic transmission. With just 23,000 miles on the odometer, this vehicle remains remarkably original, albeit with some noteworthy upgrades to enhance your driving experience. Notable improvements include a high-voltage alternator, a big three upgrade, a trunk sound-deadening mat for a quieter ride, and the possibility of an upgraded sound system.
While the car boasts impressive authenticity, it's important to note some cosmetic imperfections. There is minor paint damage, primarily consisting of a few dents on the left side (driver's side). However, no paint cracks are visible as a result of these dents. Additionally, the driver's sun visor has been removed due to some unstitching.
There are a couple of mechanical issues to address as well. The rear lights are currently inoperative due to a faulty turning switch, and the power steering system requires replacement. Nevertheless, worry not, as the original generator, brackets, and wiring harness are included with the car. Additionally, the vehicle comes with its original spare rim and tire, as well as a convenient assortment of extra bolts, light bulbs, and the shop maintenance manual.
Important recent updates to this vehicle include a new gas tank installed in 2018 and a transmission rebuild in 2020. Rest assured, this classic beauty has been meticulously garage-kept, ensuring its pristine condition. The title is readily available, making for a hassle-free ownership transfer.
Feel free to reach out if you have any further inquiries or would like to arrange a viewing. All reasonable offers are welcome.
Copy and paste in your email:  7d87b0e1a2423e9bbd56a0f1ed920f49@sale.craigslist.org

Very creative post of a tired sedan that has seen it's better days. No song and dance will make this car worth 10K. My favorite part was the sound-deadening mat for a quieter ride. Maybe if I was riding in the trunk. 

• Haha 2