Reattas for sale

Barney Eaton

In another forum,  I mentioned the number of available Reattas is diminishing. 

My monthly BCA Bugle was waiting for me when I came home today and there is not a single Reatta listed for sale. 

I am not sure if that is a good or bad sign..... probably depends if you are buying or selling. 

The last information I have from R L Polk is from 2015 and there was just under 7000 registered in the US

I wonder what that number is today. 

The number of available Reattas in junk yards is also diminishing.  I keep track of half a dozen yards in my area, and I haven't seen a Reatta for more than 2 years.  There is a site cars.trovit.com that lists over a hundred Reattas for sale.

What's a guy to do if he can't go junking?😒

IMG_0345.JPG

I decided to look on Facebook marketplace today for Reattas.  I was fairly surprised to see a good variety available.  Very, very few of us are doing restorations, so I did not bother much with those.  

As with the Black and Flame Red coupe I did post, some lower mileage Reattas are not necessarily maintained, which is sad.  You seldom find trashed out 1991 Corvettes with 56,000 miles.  

I decided not to post most of what I found because it's just a curiosity, some are way over-priced, and it won't lead to new owners here.  

It always makes me raise an eyebrow to see a Reatta on facebook marketplace that is local that I never knew existed.  Like other "barn finds" there are likely still several thousand Reattas in garages and yards.  They will just keep trickling out over the next 10 years. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsWn0SzhKHQ

This North PA farm auction just turned up, starting on the 12th, lots of cars, video taken by a couple of Ford hot rodders, mix of stuff, parts cars and nice newer cars, but includes a handful of what look like VERY NICE Reattas that were saved/stored by this guy.  Not what either I or the video folks were looking for but should be just what the Reatta crowd likes.  Enjoy, they are scattered throughout the video.

5 hours ago, Scott Bonesteel said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsWn0SzhKHQ

This North PA farm auction just turned up, starting on the 12th, lots of cars, video taken by a couple of Ford hot rodders, mix of stuff, parts cars and nice newer cars, but includes a handful of what look like VERY NICE Reattas that were saved/stored by this guy.  Not what either I or the video folks were looking for but should be just what the Reatta crowd likes.  Enjoy, they are scattered throughout the video.

The individual in this video has a distinct hatred for Reattas!  Might be nice cars, but I guess we will never know. 

19 hours ago, padgett said:

" why Craigslist died. " I consider $5 in the noise to sell a car and better for local ads.

Well, just my opinion but any free marketplace like Facebook and the old CL allows a seller “to throw darts at a board” with fantastical pricing. They think “why not, it’s free”. 

In my recent Reatta search I found several way overpriced because they think Reattas are rare exotic cars.  Facebook ads are essentially open ended and can run for years.   The problem is Facebook algorithms can cause an older ad to essentially drop off and become irrelevant.  

I can't tell you how many times I have done a search for something and it shows it's been on my area facebook for 6 months, but it's the 1st time I have seen it.  Or, I will save a find, then unsave after a couple of weeks of monitoring, then try to go find it again and it's gone.  You think sold or removed, right. Nope, next search it might pop up again.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped in to check on one of my favorite cars.

Wonderful to see/read several posters (Barney, Padgett) from years ago still active.  

My '88 is long gone, however snooping around the edges, considering perhaps another.  No sunroof nor convertible.  Kind of partial to the '88's - solid top.  Mine was Red w/ grey interior.

Participated in the Sloan event and even shot the Front/back cover for the Bugle (11x17) if anyone remembers that.

Took Barney on a tour of the 3800 Engine Plant while in town.

Anyway... looking forward to reading and catching up...

'88-Reatta.jpg

• Like 1

And I still remember the tour........thanks to people like you we build memories.  

Good to see you are checking on us.    Better find that Reatta of your dreams before there are none remaining. 

It has been 8 years since we had a report on the number registered,  the number was just under 7,000 

I suspect it is close to 5,000 now. 

• Like 1