For Sale: 1960 Lincoln Mark V Convertible - "All original documentation, Driver" - Portland, OR - Not MIne

For sale on ClassicCars.com: 1960 Lincoln Mark V Convertible in Portland, OR  -  $65,000  -  Follow link on ad to contact Seller.

Link: https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1710671/1960-Lincoln-Continental-Mark-V-Convertible

Seller's Description:

1960 Lincoln Mark V Convertible

• Engine Size: V-8 
  • Engine History: Original 
  • Engine Condition: Running
  • Odometer: 0 
  • Exterior Condition: Good 
  • Exterior Color: Green 
  • Interior Color: Green 
  • Seat Material: Vinyl 
  • Restoration History: Partially Restored 
  • Listing ID: CC-1710671 

1960 Lincoln Mark V Convertible

Ordered new by Marie L. Beckman of Beckman Furs (Beverly Hills).  Purchased at her residence in Great Falls Montana she ended up keeping at her Palm Springs residence until she sold it to a family friend in Portland Oregon.  It has been in Oregon for the last 40 plus years.  

• All original ownership documentation including owners portfolio pouch, window sticker, owners manual and purchase documents from selling dealer (Enterprise Motors in Great Falls, Montana).  This is a driver quality car with excellent mechanicals that can be taken to the next level with paint and exterior cosmetic work.  No rust underneath. Paint shows age and some buff through spots. Small dings and dents present throughout the car. Signs of paint touchups during Ms. Beckman's ownership.  
  • Ordered new the with the directed power rear differential, remote control deck lock, electronic headlamp dimmer and air conditioning.

Recent full mechanical service including:

• all fluids, filters
  • new water pump
  • full front disc brake kit with all new hoses in front and rear, rear cylinders are new as well.  
  • all new convertible top hoses, cylinders and pump
  • new fuel pump
  • new radiator hoses
  • pertronix electronic ignition installed
  • carburetor rebuilt 
  • new tires
  • new carpets, front and rear seats removed recovered / re-padded

Email with questions or for more pictures.  Professional pictures to come after the car is detailed in the coming weeks.  

image.png.3f5deb6492d27c30609841359232d134.png

image.png.3da3b7b5efa3e0c7250dd5aeade2d022.png

image.png.0128caa6367c6c85ca19173f0493230a.png

image.png.36a5facc7cb3278cf9f49d003060f9cf.png

image.png.40fa36893622020d59d4c7afcc9da645.png

image.png.1fdf8d81721a96e0da52bfdbcbc1b69a.png

image.png.695846df7763af28aaad85e9ad7f1895.png

image.png.5360cfdd57b574445178bc9698b5d0fe.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Lincoln Mark V Convertible - "All original documentation, Driver" - Portland, OR - Not MIne

I have never been a big fan of these mid to late 50's Lincolns and probably not too many people are evidenced by the fact that there are not too many decent ones around that I have ever seen.  Then there's this one and it seems decent.  There's auxiliary seating in the trunk.  Was a leather interior an option? Though this car has vinyl and it looks tasteful. For 65,000 dollars you have to go and inspect it.

• Like 2

Interior looks awesome, but original engine and the seller did state that it did need body work. That said, the pics provided did not give me an idea of any serious problems. A closer look would be necessary of the body and the under carriage, especially considering the 65K ask. I like it a lot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deac said:

are evidenced by the fact that there are not too many decent ones around that I have ever seen.

These are complex and difficult cars to properly restore. Invest a huge sum of money and you get "decent".

Invest a mind boggling amount of money and you get a "nice car". 

3 hours ago, deac said:

Was a leather interior an option? Though this car has vinyl and it looks tasteful. For 65,000 dollars you have to go and inspect it.

No. Full leather was standard in the convertible. The vinyl makes the seating "usable".  For $65,000 it should have leather. 

Vinyl interiors are a sign of cutting corners.  Cut corners on these types of cars and they quickly become less usable and functional. 

Example the seller says that the (complex fully automatic) top is "all new" BUT the fabric is old and shrunken.

There is a lot that is unsaid. 

This car screams a long parked vehicle that needs some $erious $orting with a flipper seller who wants top dollar. 

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)
  • Like 2