For Sale: 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 - "Needs nothing, Runs like new" - "Immaculate" - Latrobe, PA - Not Mine - 5/4 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 4-door Sedan in Latrobe, PA  -  $18,000  -  Call Mark: 724 493 99 eight four

Link to 3/28 relist: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/735019431595604/-1954-Oldsmobile-Super-88

Seller's Description:

1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 4-door Sedan

• Driven 23,600 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Blue

Selling a 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 - 23,600 original miles. There is no rust or bondo anywhere. There is no frame or under body rust as seen in the pictures. It’s equipped with power steering, rear speaker, courtesy light group, and factory fender skirts and visor. Newer radial tires, front end alignment and front end greased. It’s a 4 speed automatic transmission 324 V8. It’s equipped with power brakes. The car needs nothing and runs like new. It’s immaculate inside and out. Asking $18,000 cash firm. Serious inquiries only! No tire kickers! I am listing the vehicle for a friend he can be reached at [hidden information].

image.png.e11336d290209965779ebc86dd25cecc.png

image.png.74516b32c3eb6b9a9198ad4d2dcd3663.png

image.png.b953fa4d5d5ed8084d10d91762b2075d.png

image.png.3835b1a3fd8f4242f98eee654d25573a.png

image.png.e13cf8e3aaf01d87de3107e64a9f6f2e.png

image.png.d49f694d462acaacc3a7873b0d86c44f.png

image.png.bb3dbf6d1e651df0633047a3b3704760.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 6

This Olds is nice. The rocket V8, power steering and power brakes; a winning combination! Looks as pretty as a picture. Coupes are more desirable but the 4 doors are starting to catch on, I don't know that this car will fetch 18 grand but I would think somewhere around 15 to 16 grand would be more appropriate. After-all it is a low mileage clean car. Everyone of the primo 54 Olds sedans we see makes me more and more interested in getting one as I just see a well rounded and honest car from the 50's - cool stuff.

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Did they really put the dealer tag on the back, at an angle to match the trunk emblem? Or did someone do it to match? I have never seen a dealer name installed at an angle.

"They" would be the dealer.  The dealer could

put it anywhere, in any position, as his artistic

sense led him.

This looks like a very nice car for a hobbyist.

The 4-door styling looks good here.  Good find,

Fin Seeker!

• Like 3

It does look really good.  The only concern I would have is with the headliner.  Are those mouse pea stains in it?  It would be a shame to have to replace it,  but knowing if that's what it is,  you would almost have to ,  to get the smell out of it when you leave it out on a hot sunny day. 

This is a spectacular car without question and it might be difficult to find a nicer one. I don't mean to nitpick but just a few observations.......those narrow stainless mouldings on the sides of the car up by the taillights shouldn't be there, they were 98 Sedan items only confirmed by the parts book. The carpeting has been replaced, it should be the older low-weave Daytona type (still available) and not the nylon loop type that's in the car. And it's possible? the headliner & inside visors were replaced sometime over the years. I say that because most of the original headliners in similar cars have turned a darker shade of brown over time. Might explain why the staining is more visible. A few more really minor items are the battery is the incorrect size with incorrect cables and the fuel line to front of carb is rubber instead of metal. STILL A VERY, VERY NICE CAR anyone (including me) would be proud to own. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the headliner stains are from leaking window seals, pretty common with the age.

The ad says Immaculate, inside and out. I see rust stains on the door seams, headliner stains, and the one photo looks like overspray on the weather seal. Very nice car , but not immaculate.

I had two 54 and a 53 Olds , enjoyable cars.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Reynard said:

I don't much care for 4-door sedans, but this one I be happy to own and drive.

I have owned two '55s both of which were four doors. A pleasure to drive and very solid cars. 55 and 54 were very similar cars. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

How do door seals or even window seals get that far up into the headliner? Usually, all the water damage I have seen is lower than the door top height.  Especially most common on the sail panels. 

I meant the rear glass and windshield. The top off glass is higher than the stains. Was just a guess. Could be from glue used

or mice as you stated.

I have a '56 sedan with similar rust staining on the headliner (not nearly as bad, though my car isn't nearly this nice).  I drove this car a LOT in the late 90's to HS and did have leaks as I drove it in the rain.  My theory is that moisture gets in, car goes into a cold garage or cold night air and condensation forms on the underside of the roof. I have similar rust staining by the courtesy light... guessing the factory didn't get much overspray there and support that crosses the roof is in direct contact with fabric.  I don't have any staining at the header that I remember.  I have it on the lift servicing the fuel system now.. might be able to see from the ground tonight...

• Like 1

Sometimes in damp environments the transverse metal headliner bows start to get surface rust and then it leeches out onto the long fabric loops & headliner. It can show up in other spots too. Maybe above the windshield condensation formed on the inside of the top and then it dripped down onto the headliner causing the stains. Just a theory. Mice just love that headliner area above the sunvisors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Relisted on 3/28/23:

For sale on Facebook: 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 4-door Sedan in Latrobe, PA  -  $18,000  -  Call Mark: 724 493 99 eight four

Link to relist: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/735019431595604/-1954-Oldsmobile-Super-88

Seller's Description:

1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 4-door Sedan

• Driven 23,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green

Selling a 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88. It has 23,000 original miles with no rust. It’s the perfect driver and show car. It’s a 4 speed automatic with power steering and brakes. You could drive this car across country today. It needs nothing. Asking $18,000 firm. For any questions or to set up a showing call Mark. I will not reply to any messages as I am listing it for someone who does not have Facebook.

image.png.a447fc0b3048116cb4147ad1f7c82bef.png

image.png.4f5718cc6b2b577724ba20008cdab9e4.png

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 - "Needs nothing, Runs like new" - "Immaculate" - Latrobe, PA - Not Mine - 3/28 Relisted & Available

Two 1954 Olds listed on the same day, what are the odds? I would say that 8K more for this one might be worth it. Low miles, nice looking paint and interior make this one look well cared for. Some people might prefer the two door for much less, but the body issues might be a expensive. Nice looking car. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 2

This car would make for a great movie car! Moreover it would be a great stall mate for my 57 Pontiac; if I only had room for a 3rd car!

• Like 2

In the sellers description it says "needs nothing" that's a bold statement! Show me an old car the needed nothing...  Regardless I love the car!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 - "Needs nothing, Runs like new" - "Immaculate" - Latrobe, PA - Not Mine - 3/28 Relisted - 5/4 SOLD!
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 - "Needs nothing, Runs like new" - "Immaculate" - Latrobe, PA - Not Mine - 5/4 SOLD!