1951 Hudson Hornet convertible, not mine.

Nice!

Another Hornet is on my bucket list. Doesn’t have to be a convertible. These are really terrific driving cars compared to the major brands of the era. I’ve been looking for another for about three years, now. Can’t seem to find just the right car.

Beautiful car. Priced accordingly, for sure. 

I met an old gentleman locally years ago at a car show, who owned a Hudson convertible that had been wrecked in a head-on crash, and he was selling another of his Hudsons to pay for the restoration, a sedan painted gold, which rally didn't appeal to me at all. He only wanted three grand for it, and at the time, I was in no position to buy it, with two kids and a mortgage. Today, I could just pay him $3K in cash, and then have it repainted.  

Drove one first couple years of college.  Same color(s) but no top (S. Calif!). Purchased from retired Hudson store service manager.

All "StepDown" Hudsons are incredible road cars (but not the little Jets) and incredibly safe if in an accident (been there too with another that was tee-boned).

If you are wondering, '51s came with a single-range HydraMatic, so indeed, having the dual-range is a desirable upgrade from back somewhere in its history - perhaps at restoration.   What detail there is in the photos looks correct except the aftermarket chrome short spoke wire wheels.   Hudson did offer Motor Wheel "long spoke" chrome wires but not until 1953.  And Hudson had their own center cap for them with the familiar red triangle.