Amelia Island Concours 2023

edinmass

1 minute ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Granted a heavy project but estimate on the Jag seems pretty reasonable for LHD.  My frame of reference mainly the projects Gullwing & BHCC often have.

I think it was one of our esteemed members (may have been the one that posted said picture, LOL) that once said 'nothing is more expensive than a cheap Jaguar, Mercedes, Etc. (fill in the blank).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lots going on here today. Auctions seem bigger and better than the last ten years. People everywhere…….It’s looking like a banner year at Amelia.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Lots going on here today. Auctions seem bigger and better than the last ten years. People everywhere…….It’s looking like a banner year at Amelia.

Yes but isn't the hobby dying out blah blah blah...

• Haha 1

The Loco was nice………..but seems no one was on it.

The 1916 Pierce slowed at 40’s……..then pulled out 90. It was very nice…..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alsancle said:

this is the baby version of the green goddess. Damilar was a luxury manufacturer in England. They provided the cars for the queen, not Rolls Royce.

This is a really nice car.

Here it was at Hershey last fall.

'52 Daimler DE18 Hooper - Hershey 2022 a.JPG

'52 Daimler DE18 Hooper - Hershey 2022 b.JPG

• Like 2

Bonham's full auction is on Youtube, watched an hour or so last night.  Always tough to asess if one isn't in person, some cars went for more than I might expect, some less. 

The Darrin looked to have some wear on it, I did think the little MGTC project was a good buy at less than $7k all in.  Needs a restoration, but I could see that going to a hobbyist, well supported parts wise and it looked to be solid and complete.  Two R107 MB 560 SLs, very similar cars with similar miles with around a $20k variance in selling price.  Maybe luck of the draw on when a car hits the block? 

• Like 1

I will have to check that out. Thanks Steve. Its tough to figure out what you want to bid when there are multiples of the same thing. Sometimes the first one that goes across is the high water mark, and other times the first one turns out to be the cheapest. Its all a crap shoot!

• Like 2

Bid to 150 and passed West.  And at that no real buzz or quick run up to 150.  The guys on site can say more but it looked like an older restoration from what I could see.  

Also, as a yellow car fan this one to me, seems really yellow.  Ours, and another Packard that was in Bonham's sale are more of a cream yellow.  Not saying the color is incorrect but maybe a bit less attractive.  That said I wouldn't go so far as to call it an ugly color either.

Look at pics, the top, interior, etc. Look 1980s to me, but servicable.  Great car to rack up miles with I would think.

• Like 1

Normally, I would tell you to buzz off, but since you bought me a big Mac and fries last night, I’ll be polite and say, don’t worry about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

The Darrin was well worn.  Also, 120 chassis not a 180.

Finally,  as a 39 the build quality is not at the level of the connersville built cars. 

AJ aren't most Darrins on the 120 chassis, I am sure sr. chassis adds a lot of value - Dave Mitchell mentioned  production on the Sr. Chassis is much smaller.