'47 Hudson Pickup Boise, ID $9.000

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/743053320552107/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A2210a81d-ca0b-48fa-ac95-c62b42a89655

"Listed for sale is a 1947 Hudson truck. It has been upgraded with the dress up items from the passenger cars. These include front bumper, front fenders and side trim, fender lights and trim around window openings. Truck has a AMC straight six engine and transmission in it right now. And it may run, I have not tried to start it since I purchased it. I am including in the sale a complete 308 Hudson Hornet Twin H engine and transmission. That can be installed in the truck to keep it all Hudson. This is a very nice project to start with, it is very complete. Only missing the front seat, please contact me for more pictures and information about this truck. [hidden information]. Hudson is not a choice when listing this for sale. I know it is not a Ford."

Not mine.

314091273_5973942679338202_6595068733034738952_n.jpg

313917896_5770017586409678_167223240828803900_n.jpg

326737696_5886334934791192_8222400621103795786_n.jpg

• Like 1

Are you crazy! Post on here, you guys are a tough crowd. 😂 I can not throw out any BS sales pitch on here, none of you will believe me. One owner, ran when parked, all original, never rained on and always stored inside. 1947 Hudson truck. This is what happens when you buy a 52 Hornet coupe. Something has to go.

0D8D4222-C208-4A9D-9841-5B4D1933EA4B.jpeg

4D1A16FA-8879-4415-B91D-2AFAF4AFA34F.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I like the headlight rims on the Hornet. Are they aftermarket or Pacemaker.

Look better than the originals.

I had a 52 Hornet coupe with Hydro and a 53 Hornet coupe with overdrive. Had a 47 Commodore convertible like yours I restored. It had a stepdown 8 with overdrive, fun car.

I liked my 49 Commodore 4 door the best.

Nice cars.

• Like 2

I like all of them, just don't need this many right now. Looking to move all of my stuff out of Idaho. Fewer cars means fewer trips. And a smaller location for the business. I have sold cars over the years that were harder to let go of, the 30 Packard roadster was a tough one to let go. Love that style of Packard. Would not bother me to keep the 41 Cad. who knows what could happen with extra parts and beer that needs drinking.:D Did Hudson make a fast back? Maybe someone will beat me to it. Lots of fun stuff to do with cars.

Cadson 090.jpg

• Like 1

No brainer for me, I would keep the Hornet coupe and sell the rest. BTW I don't think those headlight rims are Pacemaker or Wasp as they're too wide. Possibly Jet, they were thicker, but I really believe they're from another brand of vehicle. They do look good on there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

:D Did Hudson make a fast back? Maybe someone will beat me to it. Lots of fun stuff to do with cars.

Yes, sort of...but to have the appeal of the GM B-body fastbacks, you'll have to do some tuck and tailoring to get the sleek look!   A two-door sedan would be the ideal basis, the B-pillar will have to be slanted forward as well.

'40 Hudson WI c.jpg

'41 Hudson 2dr WA c.jpg

• Like 3

I had a couple of beers, made all the necessary calculations in my mind. Time will tell. Blending the two body styles together would be fun. It is listed for sale as a 41 Cad. I like all of the cars I have, Jaguar is the only one that is not for sale.

Cadson 075.jpg

new phone pictures 1272.JPG

Edited by Xander Wildeisen (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Sitting here going through pictures to list a few cars for sale. And I can not bring myself to list my 47 Convertible. Crazy to sell the Hornet coupe that I just bought. But I just want two cars, the Jag is one. And I thought the Hornet coupe would be the other one. I like my 47 to much. I never list cars on here because most of my stuff is modified the Hornet coupe is not. I think it will get listed on ebay. I will post a link to the car if anyone has any interest. 

moving, parts and car 178.jpg

52 hornet 787.JPG

Someone already bid on it, that’s going to sting watching that one go away. Took this picture sitting in the trailer drinking a couple 🤔 of beers. In the parking lot at the hotel in Branson Missouri after picking up the car. I am going to kick myself for selling this.

9E1551D4-42C8-40F5-B5B3-3E36AEF09A22.jpeg

I wouldn't sell your 1947 hardtop-convertible either, although that Hornet coupe is a gem, it will quickly find a good home.    Consider restoring your 1947 hardtop-convertible as if it were built then as a show car for the new car shows, then assigned to one of the company's top executives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love the Hornet coupe. The Jaguar is the car that is keeping me from hanging on to both the 52 and 47. I know the Hornet will sell, a guy is interested in the 47. I just can’t sell it right now. Still things I want to finish on it. And drive it. Have someone interested in the 47 truck also. Nice to see interest in Hudson’s is going strong.

8326BEC8-5725-4359-B7D9-72A71622F2EC.jpeg

• Like 1