For Sale: 1962 Plymouth Valiant 4dr Sedan, Slant 6 - Project - $4,959 - PALM COAST, FL - Not Mine

For Sale: 1962 Plymouth Valiant 4dr Sedan, Slant 6 - Project - $4,959 - PALM COAST, FL

1962 Plymouth Valiant with Slant 6 - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Due to health issues and too many projects I am forced to sell my Very Rare highly sought after Classic 1962 PLYMOUTH VALIANT "A" Body in good condition for the year. Many new parts, ($1000's of dollars' worth the receipts) including a rebuilt 70's vintage 225ci Slant 6, Radiator, Carburetor, Tranny, Exhaust, Interior, Gas Tank. Compression test was great on all cylinders, 150s PSI (see pictures). I just started having problems with starting. It will stsrt and run with a lot of effort. I'm very sure it is a intake manifold gasket leak and I just don't have the time or energy to fix. All reasonable offers will be considered, it really needs a good home. Odometer: 54321.  I am not interested in a trade.  I DO NOT TEXT. Please respond by phone, voice mail or craigslist email. Thank you for your interest :)
Contact: For more info please call Christopher: (386) 4-four-4-9-2-6-two
Copy and paste in your email: 35cbb0cff2de304aa71f7798125c4061@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Plymouth Valiant 4dr Sedan, Slant 6 - Project.

'62 Plymouth ValiantFL a.jpg

'62 Plymouth ValiantFL b.jpg

'62 Plymouth ValiantFL c.jpg

'62 Plymouth ValiantFL d.jpg

'62 Plymouth ValiantFL e.jpg

'62 Plymouth ValiantFL f.jpg

'62 Plymouth ValiantFL g.jpg

'62 Plymouth ValiantFL h.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder when the last time is that the points were check and the valves adjusted. I can easily visualize this car having not been looked at since it was overhauled. Florida isn't noted for being a nice dry climate and the ignition components could need attention. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roysboystoys said:

Has anybody ever experienced an intake leak keeping a car from starting?

Its 1978 - a nice 1963 Ford Galaxie convertible. Teenage seller insisted that it wouldn't start because "the valve cover gaskets were leaking".  Seller had installed new plugs, points, wires, cap, rotor. . . . .  

Bought it for $150 then spent HOURS and HOURS trying to get it to run!  WTH, maybe it is the valve covers???   

Eventually turned out he had not replaced the condenser. Replace that and poof! started immediately. 

AAAARRRRrrrrgggggg!!!!!! I hate bad condensers. They can really drive your diagnosis crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it has potential. Looks solid. I sincerely empathize with sellers who are having health issues, however...if it is in fact a simple fix, hire a local garage to make the repairs for a few hundred dollars and add the repair bill on to the asking price. Most serious buyers would be willing to spring for the higher price if they were confident the car was running properly. People are more comfortable buying a $5400 sure thing than a $4900 mystery.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 2