American Bosch Magneto corp'n

pgb123

I am helping on a 1926 model t ford that has the above distributor. I am looking for any information as how it operates,  timing, and ignition parts.

I am guessing this must be a 1920's era distributor.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

It was a popular aftermarket accessory. Two possible sources for info would be the AACA Library and Research center. They may have some original literature. You should also post your request on the Model T Ford Club of Amerivs discussion forum. I've seen setups and parts for sale at Hershey. i sold a complete setup there several years ago. Original brochures can also be found so keep digging. Depending on where you are located, you could also try to get to one of several pre war swap meets like Luray Va. 

Terry

Model T Ford Forum: Bosch Distributor Installation (mtfca.com)

The above is one way to do it. Because there were a number of different Bosch clip on distributors, we need to know which one you have to help with setup. 

American Bosch made several different models. The clip-on models were cheaper and much more common, and themselves came in several models. They also made better/nicer whole front plate versions, in at least three different models.

Some models had manual advance control. Others had automatic advance, in both front plate and clip-on versions.

There were literally dozens of other companies making similar distributors for model Ts.

Setup is fairly simple and straightforward. Any GOOD "old-school" mechanic should be able to figure them out and time them properly. As long as you have all the right pieces.

I took some photos of the distributor. I talked with a friend who told me that this distributor has internal flyweights so no need of a timing rod. 

I am going back today and will see if I can find a model or serial number. The lettering for this distributor are raised letters cast into the top housing where the cap would attach.

Now, any recommendations for antique ingintion parts suppliers who may carry parts for this little beasty?

Thanks for your help

101_0188.JPG

101_0192.JPG

101_0190.JPG

101_0193.JPG

101_0194.JPG

101_0191.JPG