For Sale:1962 Ford Falcon Ranchero - $7,000 - Los Lunas, NM - Not Mine

For Sale:1962 Ford Falcon Ranchero - $7,000 - Los Lunas, NM

1962 Falcon Ranchero - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Original except wheels and engine. Has 200 in line 6 from 1966 Mustang. It has the 3 speed on the column. Car runs good. It could use a transmission overhaul which is inexpensive in this car. The car is clean and rust free. All glass is good. Serious inquiries please.
Copy and paste in your email: d0777cb20d7c3ad2b20e449172a0ed92@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Ford Falcon Ranchero.

'62 Falcon Ranchero NM a.jpg

'62 Falcon Ranchero NM b.jpg

'62 Falcon Ranchero NM c.jpg

• Like 4

Not often you see a good clean one of these around. I would 86 the wheels and get something with a little more flare. You could have lots of fun with this car for a very reasonable price. Of course you would have see the condition of the interior and engine compartment. From what see i like it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

The only issue for me might be the trans issues but I expect that lots of Foud Three speeds are still laying about. Might be the easiest and cheapest thing to do if the reported problems are internal.  

Most likely it's a C4 transmission, they're not too hard to do with a kit. I did one a few years ago for a '64 Falcon I had and the hardest part was pressing in one of the large bushings and removing/installing the clutch packs with a homemade tool. The 6 cylinder C4's have weaker internals but can be upgraded. Age hardens the servo seals, even if they never got used age gets all those rubber parts. The shop manual tells you all you need to know for the garage rebuild, I'd be curious to know how much a shop would charge. I have a feeling it's not "inexpensive" or the owner would have done it.

To bad I wrote all this before reading the ad closely enough to see it's a manual, LOL!

Edited by Lahti35 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I had a 66 Mustang convertible years ago.

Three speed stick trans worked ok for the first hundred thou.

Then I got a boat, and it started giving me problems.

I found a bellhousing and three speed from a Maverick that was much heavier duty.

That 200 cid 7 main bearing engine went about 300 thousand miles, I put that combination in a bigger heavier car when the Mustang wore out. Still going strong when I sold it.

Unfortunate that Mustangs weren't worth much when I finally wore the thing out. Sold the rolling hulk to a neighbor for fifty bucks.

• Like 1