For Sale:  1936 Buick Special 4dr Sedan - $10,500 - Hays, KS - Not Mine

For Sale: 1936 Buick Special 4dr Sedan - $10,500 - Hays, KS

1936 Buick - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

1936 Buick 4 door sedan Straight 8 engine 3 speed on the floor. Car runs drives and stops. Very solid car has a few dents on the fenders, very little rust on this car. The green paint is original black paint? Has had some work done on the interior.
Has good tires, Glass is all there. Would make a nice street rod or easy restoration. Motor has been rebuilt. Good condition for an 86-year-old car. I will not answer any messages just asking if it is available. If it is posted it is still for sale. I also will not talk to anyone that wants a CODE!!!

Copy and paste in your email: ddfddad42a91381a9b4fe999cb165ce8@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1936 Buick Special 4dr Sedan.

'36 Buick KS a.jpg

'36 Buick KS b.jpg

'36 Buick KS c.jpg

'36 Buick KS d.jpg

'36 Buick KS e.jpg

'36 Buick KS f.jpg

'36 Buick KS g.jpg

'36 Buick KS h.jpg

'36 Buick KS i.jpg

• Like 7

Sounds like the seller might have a bit of attitude.   Endearing yourself to buyers might be better than putting up barriers and walls.    I guess if they want to lay down parameters it's up to them.   Sounds like they're real negotiable.... NOT.

Maybe the ad filters out guys like me who don't know what "wanting a CODE" means.

Mission accomplished.  But ya,  the car is nice.

I like it, it reminds me of the type of cars I would see in the features Hemmings Classic Car would do called "Drivable Dreams".  Cars that weren't perfect, but still had their pride and were taken out and used on a regular basis.  Lots of that type of stuff going on when I was a kid in a small town in Indiana.  

• Like 2

Thanks erichill,

What next,  too bad such a useful tool like the internet can be abused by crooks and shysters to defraud and scam innocent people.    Now those scummy keyboard fraudsters get to hide behind their "screens".

Too bad we need to be so vigilant,   because of (my)trusting niavity, I wouldn't expect to be treated that way because I don't treat people like that.     Over time Karma works it's wonders. 

"Buy a driver"....  is my latest mantra,  car restorations aren't for the faint of heart or anyone who knows better.    Looks like the 36 sedan might fit the "driver" category.    They don't have to be Pebble Beach entries in order to have fun with them,  at least you shouldn't be afraid to drive the 36 in an environment suitable to it's capabilities.

Play safe....

• Like 5