Tail Light Assembly

eyetimer

Obviously a brand new unit would sell for more than a good used one.    I suspect a used one could be had for $100 or less (shipping could cost $50)

Go to east coast Reatta web site and see what Marck wants for them. 

• Like 1

A good used one is a great option. There is a tutorial about prepping and varnishing the taillight with oil based gloss Spar Varnish. Some guy named DAVES89 did it if you want to search for it.

Is there anything wrong with yours? Other then dull?

• Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 11:56 AM, DAVES89 said:

A good used one is a great option. There is a tutorial about prepping and varnishing the taillight with oil based gloss Spar Varnish. Some guy named DAVES89 did it if you want to search for it.

Is there anything wrong with yours? Other then dull?

Nope,  Mine is fine.  I'm just thinking ahead.  Thanks for the suggestions.

One sold in the past year on eBay for $500. I would venture to guess if Marck had an NOS one for sale it would be in the $1000 range.  This is a part that is known to get ugly and if you wanted oe for a show car you would be willing to pay good money for it.   Not only did they cloud/oxidate on the outside I have seen a lot with internal cracks.  An NOS one deserves a premium price 

Edited by Y-JobFan (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I have no idea what I have just "all of the above", been in the same house since 1985, just keep adding garage doors. Biggest issue is stacks of interesting wheels (most are 15x7 or larger) with junk tires attached (keep meaning to demount and toss...)

• Like 1

Know it is getting off subject some but I too have lots of stuff I do not need. 

I have all issues of Hot Rod, Motor Trend, and Road and Track back to the '60's

In between lots of years of Truckin, Collectible Automobile, and Hemmings Classic Cars

Need to find a home for all of them.

Also have lots of NOS Corvair parts,  bumper guards and accessory clocks and other things..

also need a new home.   

• Like 2

Same except later models, near every time I needed a part, I'd buy two and put one away. Particularly electronics (have reprogrammed cars before) even have spare engines (mostly Pontiac 400s).

For estate sale may need to hire some students to organize a dig.

As example for computer cars mostly I have two - nice one and spare - plus am always looking for parts (have three Allante center stacks and an analog dash set). Also have a case of PF-23 oil filters - after 30 years wonder if any good - OEM for Pontiac 400s but replaced by PF-24 in parts book.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 10:16 PM, Barney Eaton said:

Know it is getting off subject some but I too have lots of stuff I do not need. 

I have all issues of Hot Rod, Motor Trend, and Road and Track back to the '60's

In between lots of years of Truckin, Collectible Automobile, and Hemmings Classic Cars

Need to find a home for all of them.

Also have lots of NOS Corvair parts,  bumper guards and accessory clocks and other things..

also need a new home.   

ive looked at corvairs on facebook market place.my brother had a rust bucket 65 conv that we rebuilt a 140 engine and installed.it was still a dog with the powerglide plus with the mismatched carbs probably needed rejetting.serious vaper locking even after adding an electric fuel pump.id rather have an early two door or even a four door.there wish a unrestored van on there a few months ago.

I had a gaggle including a Corvan with a three speed manual and a Fitch Sprint Turbo. Best Autocross car was a 65 Corsa 140 'vert, 3.89 posi, 4 speed, trombones, and a Quadrajet on a spider manifold. Brought a 66 'vet home on the Amtrak Autotrain. Best friend while at GMI raced a Yenko Stinker.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)