For Sale: 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Coupe, 18k miles - $6,500 - Wisconsin Rapids, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,900: 12-18-2022:

For Sale: 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Coupe, 18k miles - $6,500 - Wisconsin Rapids, WI - Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,900: 12-18-2022: See New Link Below:

1978 chrysler new yorker, 18k miles - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1978 Chrysler New Yorker with 18k original miles, 400 engine with automatic transmission, run's and drive's excellent, no rust, very clean car must see to appreciate $6500 firm. odometer: 18500
Copy and paste in your email: 3ab46728c3eb30019cef88efcd924c90@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Coupe.

'78 chrysler new yorker WI a.jpg

'78 chrysler new yorker WI b.jpg

'78 chrysler new yorker WI c.jpg

'78 chrysler new yorker WI d.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,900: 12-18-2022: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I'm not a big fan of that odd vinyl-roof configuration,

but that pillowed velour interior looks incomparably comfortable!

John:

The odd half-top vinyl roof came from the last two years when these cars were sold as Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, 1974-'75.  It was the Crown Coupe option.  The configuration continued when they exiled the Imperial to Elba, demoted the model to become the New York Brougham, adjusted the prices to reflect fewer standard features now made optional, then sold them like hotcakes compared to the last Imperials!   The body was still a two-door hardtop structure, they filled the quarter window space for opera windows which were simply all the 1970's rage.   Fortunately, the four door hardtops were still available through 1978, giving those who still loved the B-pillarless look one last chance to have the style.

Steve

2 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

I prefer these cars over muscle cars, overall.  I think a nice 3 car collection would include one of these, in my case, 2 door models are preferred, a Lincoln Town Coupe, and a CdV.  

I agree, Jake.  But for the New Yorker, I like the 4-door

hardtop because of the coupe's odd vinyl roof.

For the Lincoln or the Cadillac, either a coupe or sedan

would be fine, since the styling was good on both, I feel.

Muscle cars were gone when I was growing up, so a

comfortable velour-lined highway car suits me fine!

Got my driver's license in my Mom and Dad's 1978 4 door hardtop Bro-ham New Yorker. Dad bought it new; rode like a cloud, and actually handled well for such a massive car. Problem was, we never got to enjoy the ride very often because it spent so much time in the shop. Water leaks at the windows, valve cover leaks constantly on the 400, bent distributor shaft from new, so sometimes it would start, sometimes not. Took over a year to source THAT problem. As a teenager driving it, I learned it wouldn't break 90 mph, no matter how long you laid into the loud pedal, and the valves rattling at that full throttle blast  was unreal. Dad actually kept it 12 years and 50k miles because he felt like he needed to get out of it what he had in it. However, I have always liked the design over the Lincolns and Cadillacs of the era, and would love to have one if it was mechanically sorted, or at least had the Lean Burn replaced with a proper electronic distributor and non feedback carburetor.

• Thanks 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Coupe, 18k miles - $6,500 - Wisconsin Rapids, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,900: 12-18-2022:
15 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,900: 12-18-2022:

1978 chrysler new yorker, 18k miles - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

Copy and paste in your email: 0b58e0c202923d7fa7baf7939476a41c@sale.craigslist.org

I have already mentioned how much I love these mid to late 70's 2 door high end models.  John and I agree a lot and disagree respectfully a few times.  

I agree the Lincolns and Cadillacs executed the 2 door models top covering a bit better but I find this Chryslers odd halo vinyl roof fine.  I am not a big fan of white (yet I owned a 76 Coupe deVille in white because it was local and fairly priced) so that is an issue for me on this car.    I think it would look great in a dark blue.