1980 Chevrolet Malibu Classic - $1,500 (Spokane WA) not mine

Nice starter car or cheap winter beater...looks like PS, PB, & A/C.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/7556057479.html

1980 Chevy Malibu Classic. Running classic car in good shape for its age. Stored under a tarp for 3 years. New battery and 1/2 tank of fresh gas.

Car can be driven. Needs a little TLC and maintenance before getting back on the road.      $1500 obo

• copy and paste into your email:

• contact name:

Kip

•  

(509) 863-3821

00x0x_7bZoY5QFVHEz_0CI0rB_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_4TKFZ3N9tZwz_0Cw0t2_1200x900.jpg

00909_ik0apSdtingz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00202_hnmvdDJH3HCz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

On 11/18/2022 at 10:52 AM, kingrudy said:

I didn't care for this car at first look, but then I noticed the dice. Makes all the difference. 

And nobody's mentioned the chrome reverse wheels yet. 😉

My parents gave me one of these when I was running my new business and couldn't afford another car. It was close to 15 years old at the time and had about 100,000 miles on it, but its only real issue was that the gear selector indicator didn't work. In the spirit of my parent's generosity, I re-gifted the car to my wife's down and out friend. Unfortunately, she wasn't listening when I told her about the gear selector indicator problem, so she drove on the interstate in low gear trying to get it up speed...and blew the tranny. I was mad/angry about that for a long time. Whenever I see an '80 Malibu I think of that.

Good price on this one, though. A high school student could afford this as a project.

Crazy thing here in MD. $1500 gets one a car that be driven immediately after the historic tag is picked up at the DMV.  No inspection needed. Sadly it is becoming common place.  

This is a vehicle of my teen years.  I like to see them.  The Malibu is not for me.  80 Regal? You betcha.  Someone will pay $1000 and drive it away.

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)