1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Station Wagon Not Mine

1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Station Wagon. Oxford Maroon exterior Brown Naugahyde interior. All original wood. 216 six cylinder engine. 3 speed transmission with Tip-Toe-Matic overdrive. All 3 seats. Everything works including the am radio. Always garage kept and is a beautiful car. $79,500. More pictures are available. Located in New Oxford, PA 17350. Not mine. If interested please email me at thorne9900@aol.com

E1F4D54F-6217-4337-8E01-942D7E6CD2E3.jpeg

FCA1FDA4-769A-4C22-B95D-32C6A35896C6.jpeg

FDEE8CFF-05F3-452B-9879-6F3522FA789C.jpeg

D5A07257-F70D-46D6-87C4-96CA6033947A.jpeg

Edited by Shadyrest (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• Shadyrest changed the title to 1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Station Wagon Not Mine
7 hours ago, Shadyrest said:

3 speed transmission with Tip-Toe-Matic overdrive. All

I understood that Chevrolet didn’t offer overdrive until 1955(?). 
Adding an overdrive would not be easy because of the torque tube.  

Of course a gear vendors could be used, but the Tip Toe matic sounds like a Borg-Warner set up.  

maybe someone can elaborate?

when I am looking at this going for 80G's I think to myself "what would I be buying?"  In this case I am thinking this is a restored Chevrolet nicely done at that! However it is no Buick, Pontiac or an iconic Ford. Those 3 cars would most likely have 8 cylinders, more amenities and the Buick/Pontiac would offer nicer ride compared to this Chevy. I had posted a beautifully restored 47 Chevy coupe going for 25 grand yet the Buick Super coupe I recently purchased is just a nicer car for less money. Buicks are just that much better of a car.  So are we basing value on the quality of the restoration and not no so much on what the model offers and represents?  I guess it's a combination of both. But for me IMHO this car which is quite nice however it is over priced. 

Edited by deac (see edit history)

Just one teensy nitpick.  Its missing the cover plates on top of the radiator core support.  Some mechanic threw them away long ago and the restorer of this car did not know any better.  For $80k if should not be missing something so obvious.   These covers are not hard to fabricate either, I had to make one for my '48

caps.jpg

• Like 2