SOLD 1954 dodge Royal convertible

I wonder if that is the car that was at the sports car dealership in Lake Forest, Il. when I used to ride the Chicago Northwestern up to Great Lakes when I was in the Navy A School. It was right by the train stop with a few Porsche and Alphas. That would be 1967.

With 701 of these 54 Dodge replica pace car convertibles produced, I'm convinced a fair number of them still exist. I've seen a few myself at events in the  Carlisle car corral or maybe for sale in a Hershey Swap meet space. I can't say exactly when this was, they're just special cars I remember that stood out from the rest of the pack. Several different examples can be viewed on YouTube videos, from unrestored originals in storage to one cruising down the interstate to another one that's fully restored at a Mecum auction. There are also more pictures of different cars on Pinterest. Close inspection of the pictures show the detail differences in the cars. Some have the full blown Indy lettering on the sides, some do not. Some have rear stone guards and some don't. There are different wheels from the correct Chrysler wires to aftermarket spoke wheels to full 54 Dodge hubcaps to JC Whitney specials. Different headlight rims too, like the correct bezels with the small chrome outer ring as in Keiser's picture above to all chrome to all painted yellow. Another (above) has an original dealer logo below the trunk and a rear bumper with a slightly twisted left side. Different centers in the continental kits too. So there are a number of these still in existence and maybe a few more "tributes" that started life as regular 54 Dodge convertibles. I hope someone buys this car and restores it, it's definitely special, unique and worthy of restoration. 

• Like 3

I also think it is a 500.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:14 PM, ford40 said:

If I go any further the price will go up

Better not go further. You risk joining that group that keeps telling me you can't making money selling old cars. I will spend a day or two cleaning things up and polishing chrome. A little cosmetics, anything else is generally a loss. Look your potential buyer right in the eyes while you shave him. You'll know.

With no real pictures of the driver's side of the car one question I would have is how bad is the accident damage? Does the driver side door open?  Is the frame and front suspension intact? The car looks like it's been off the road for quite a while. Might be a big project even with a parts car. Unique trim pieces like the 500 numerals and front fender cross flags might be difficult to find. A thorough inspection is required, just some stuff to consider before purchasing a project like this. 

• gofasttoday changed the title to SOLD 1954 dodge Royal convertible