For Sale: 1929 Reo Flying Cloud Mate Coupe - $16,500 - Minneapolis, MN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1929 Reo Flying Cloud Mate Coupe - $16,500 - Minneapolis, MN

antique car - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Body off of frame restored, fully restored. Driven 0 miles since restoration. odometer: 38360

Copy and paste in your email: 3d9acbb61f3d3a75a419d0582688ed72@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1929 Reo Flying Cloud Mate Coupe. 

Note: The 1929 REO Flying Cloud Mate was the former 1927-'28 Wolverine by REO folded into the main REO line.  Two body styles, a smaller (115" wb), 214.7 ci L-head Continental 16E six-cylinder engine, assembled car selling for $1,375 for this coupe, $1,395 for the 4dr sedan.   A "companion car' to the 1929 Reo Flying Cloud Master.  For 1930, the Mate became the Reo Flying Cloud Model 15.

'29 Reo Mate MN a.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN b.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN c.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN d.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN e.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN f.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN g.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN h.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN i.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN j.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN k.jpg

'29 Reo Mate MN l.jpg

• Like 5

This looks a lot like one that sold out of CT maybe 8 years back.  Restored, parked and less than a mile from my house.  I likely drove past it for years, never knowing it was stashed in a garage till they sold it.  Could be same car.  How many of these can there be out there...

41 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

This looks a lot like one that sold out of CT maybe 8 years back.  Restored, parked and less than a mile from my house.  I likely drove past it for years, never knowing it was stashed in a garage till they sold it.  Could be same car.  How many of these can there be out there...

With this exact paint scheme - I'm guessing only one 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fossil said:

I ran into this ad a week or so ago and after looking at the photos and paint scheme just couldn't bring myself to post it here. 

Nice car but that paint job had to be a misunderstanding. 

Given the louver configuration, I think this paint might be correct for this model. "Might"

• Like 3