PB fuel tank.

TTR

i had a welding and fabracation shop make mine, i dont think they are available, inever could find a new one,save and reuse filler neck and sending unit flange , a guy told me he reused every thing and just had a new center  rolled,  orig tanks where soldered together.i didnt put the baffles back in mine so my gas gauge floats around abit. mine is all mig welded together. i olny reused flanges.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply Mr. Lay.

While a fabrication is a viable option which I could accomplish myself, I think buying one, if they exist in reasonably good quality, would be easier.

Anyone else ?

i have seen 1933 gas tanks ,for sale on line cant remember name of supplier if you search 1933 plymouth parts you will find him . it wont fit but maybe they can make one for you, or modify the 33 tank. they did not list 31-32 tank but that was 10 years ago when i was looking.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 8:59 AM, Scott Bonesteel said:

Try Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts, they specialize in vintage gas tanks, have Plymouths back to 33 and make custom tanks as well.  

https://www.rockvalleyantiqueautoparts.com/catalog.htm

On 10/25/2022 at 12:58 PM, jeff t said:

I had Rockvalley make a tank for a 32 PB a few years ago. would recommend them fine work. 

Contacted Rock Valley, but they seem to do tanks in Stainless only, so looking into alternative sources …

18 minutes ago, DFeeney said:

I have a 28 + 29 Plymouth.  both have bad gas tanks.  I was able last year to find two good used tanks on line  at a reasonable  cost.  I believe most Mopar gas tanks 28/32 are the same.  Keep looking

It looks like they could be similar. Here is what the 1928-33 Plymouth master parts list has to say:

• Part 78803 – Gasoline tank assembly – Q, U upto RS-395-C U.S. built and GC-354-S Canadian built, 30-U, PA up to 1670001 and after 1674247, PB (for cars without trunk rack).
  • Part 303176 – Gasoline tank assembly – U after RD-395-C U.S. built and GC-354-S Canadian built, PA from 1670001 to 1674257.
  • Part 380061 – Gasoline tank assembly – PA from 1670001 until 1674247,PB (with truck rack).
  • Part 389310 – Gasoline tank assembly (with side tire carrier) – PD (2-door conv. sedan).
  • Part 396639 – Gasoline tank assembly (pain) (cars with truck rack) – PA, PB 
  • Like 1

Thanks to all who replied so far.

While my tank isn’t really bad, I recently tried to remove its drain plug without success and ended up pumping the fuel out instead, so decided to look into a replacement.

Unless I can (easily) find really a nice OEM type NOS, reproduction or used one, looks like I may have to make one myself.