For Sale: 1958 Lincoln Continental Mark III convertible - Project - $10,500 - Lafayette/Orinda/Moraga, CA - Not Min

For Sale: 1958 Lincoln Continental Mark III convertible - Project - $10,500 - Lafayette/Orinda/Moraga, CA

1958 lincoln continental conv - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Nice classic convertible car, all original, 430 v8 engine, auto trans. No rust. Car has been parked in garage for a number of years, so it would need some new oil, coolant, tune up ext... before turning over. Needs some clean up on upholstery. You would need a tow truck or trailer to get it home. Only 3048 convertibles built in 1958. odometer: 43000

Copy and paste in your email: d1032f18f9043127bd7a39db215473e2@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1958 Lincoln Continental Mark III convertible - Project.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 3,048 1958 Lincoln Continental Mark III convertible built.

'58 lincoln continental conv CA a.jpg

'58 lincoln continental conv CA b.jpg

'58 lincoln continental conv CA c.jpg

'58 lincoln continental conv CA d.jpg

'58 lincoln continental conv CA e.jpg

I remember these being on the back row of the used car lots I went to with my Dad in the mid 60's. Similar vintage Cadillacs were further up in the lot.  They struck me as quite looking bizarre, or even Bizzaro, (Superman comic reference) at the time. Now I find the side view of the car to be attractive, the rear view is also kind of cool, fins without being actual fins and all. Those canted headlamps never really looked right on any car in my opinion. Just think of how successful this design would be with '67 Cadillac stacked quads. It's a real Mid Century modern design, if only it was a lot smaller!

images.jpeg

BTW: those wheel covers with the nine gold fins were optional.  They are the standard 1958 Lincoln Capri and Premiere wheel covers with the gold fins added.  The Continental Mark III's had stamped stainless steel wheel covers which looked similar to the heavy cast units with the bolted-on separate veins standard on the Continental Mark II's