For Sale: 1955 Buick Riviera Special - $18,000 (San Jose)

Not Mine

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1955-buick-riviera-special/7527515956.html

Beautiful 1955 Buick Riviera Special 46R w/ striking Continental spare tire carriage in back; a rare find. Almost entirely original w/ classic Red/White original colors, bench seats, large steering wheel & black steel dashboard. Nice tread on the whitewalls with all original hubcaps (+4 extra hubcaps). Century 322 cid Nailhead V8 has been rebuilt and runs great; Purrs like a kitten. This car is a "Driver" as it has small blemishes here and there but relatively unnoticeable as you cruise. It is a head turner! The trucker who brought it down from Washington state said he's been hauling classic cars for 20 years and "this car got as many lookers, smiles and thumbs up as any of his show cars!" You'll brighten faces as you cruise down the road. You'd better learn a little about the car because strangers will come out of nowhere and ask a million questions. The car was stored in a barn in Nebraska for 20 years from approximately 1980 - 2000. I've had it since 2017 when I immediately re-lined the gas tank so the system runs clean. The drum brakes and master cylindar have been entirely restored so no worries there. Original AM Radio works great but my teenagers of course prefer their iPhones! We like to roll down all 4 windows, with no separation support between front and back window so it seems like one of my old cloth tops with the top up. We love this car! Why are we selling it then? My plan was to put a few more dollars into the blemishes and perfect it but now my preference is to get something for my kids instead. I'll have to leave the perfecting of the '55 to its new owners. You won't be disappointed....CASH only please - No exceptions.

{{{more pics in ad}}}

To Email - copy and paste into your email:
9ccc8880a6a3394f942045a66511dcdd@sale.craigslist.org

ddee9.jpg

ddee2.jpg

ddee100g0g_6In3qu00Fu6z_0ux0t2_1200x900.jpg

ddee300J0J_1BM3B7nippGz_0jm0pO_1200x900.jpg

ddee500x0x_eS6dtWlfOdCz_0pi0CI_1200x900.jpg

ddee401616_hoBTGhsALdmz_0vh0CI_1200x900.jpg

ddee600H0H_hKOcngYOnS1z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ddee700k0k_dtSL6eqB4Tpz_0jm0pO_1200x900.jpg

ddee700v0v_e9wDSRieS0Tz_0jm0pO_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

This would make for a fun to cruise around in.  Seller indicates it's a 322 Century motor, so that leads me to believe the motor has been swapped out. But I thought the 55's would have power steering as standard equipment but I don't see the pump. I would not fuss over the interior as it looks clean, presentable and at home in this driver. If you're like me you're going to have to expect the unexpected as there is always issues when buying an old car. This one looks like a very fun car to own. I would be interested BUT I already have 2 cars and no extra parking available. Moreover I have a 57 Pontiac Catalina which is too similar to this one. Hope a Buick guy buys this one!!!!

One thing I notice here and it is just like my 50 Chrysler Newport coupe is that when you roll down the door windows it takes the upper chrome with it and leaves a "void" of chrome while the back windows is just chrome surround and stays. It strikes me as odd they would design it this way. It is much more pronounced on the Chryslers. Looks like something is just missing when the windows are down.

I do like this car.  What makes it a Riviera ?

7 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

One thing I notice here and it is just like my 50 Chrysler Newport coupe is that when you roll down the door windows it takes the upper chrome with it and leaves a "void" of chrome while the back windows is just chrome surround and stays. It strikes me as odd they would design it this way. It is much more pronounced on the Chryslers. Looks like something is just missing when the windows are down.

I do like this car.  What makes it a Riviera ?

The lack of a B pillar is part of the Riviera package. There are other subtle differences and a Buick guy will likely jump on with the specifics beyond being pillarless. 

A Special with a B/pillar does have a different look. Not as sexy in my opinion. Lack of one gives it a subtle look of being a convertible. 

see my 52 Super with the Riviera package. 
No B pillar. 

DC264C69-D2CE-48CD-B3B1-3737DDD3811A.png.05a493844b8021d0ae63965a298c2a7a.png

• Like 2