WTB: 1937 Headlight glass lens right side

deac

My friend entered his '37 Buick Century coupe in a pretty prestigious car show in San Marino California this Sunday. Unfortunately the right side headlight lens broke. and we need a replacement.  Time is not our friend so if you have one you can part with I would be interested. The closer you are to the west coast the better. It's a beautiful car and my friend is pretty bummed out that this happened! Have attach 2 photo's to show what I'm looking for. One of the photos shows the part number

IMG_20220825_204120.jpg

IMG_20220825_204114.jpg

Edited by deac (see edit history)

I don't have a spare right side headlight lens. The only extra lens I have at the moment is a left one. 

I would suggest you try calling Dave Tacheny he likely has one. You can best reach Dave by calling 763-427-3460 between 4 and 7 pm Central.

If Dave does not have one, you might try calling Frank Delgado. Frank is in California. Frank buys and sells Buick accessories. His phone number is 310-347-1172. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EmTee said:

What happened -- stone chip?  Maybe @MCHinson has one to spare...

It was a stupid mistake the detailer guy didn't know that once you remove that mounting screw you have to support the lens or it will fall to the ground!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MCHinson said:

I don't have a spare right side headlight lens. The only extra lens I have at the moment is a left one. 

MCHinson - what is the price on the left lens and would you be able to send it today via overnight shipping so I will have it tomorrow>?

I would prefer you check with those other two and see if they can help you. I recently bought this one since I wanted to build a set of spares in case I ever break a lens on either of my 1937 Buicks. 

Unfortunately Frank or Dave doesn't have any! But we will to go with what we got. I would buy yours but it's too late for overnight shipping. Thanks you time.

1 hour ago, deac said:

Unfortunately Frank or Dave doesn't have any! But we will to go with what we got. I would buy yours but it's too late for overnight shipping. Thanks you time.

Check your private messages. I sent you a message a couple of hours ago, and just sent you another. 

Thanks to Mr Hinson the 37 Buick Century will go to the show with both headlight lenses intact and make us proud. Hopefully the old girl will bring us a trophy. However this show is quite competitive so all we can do is hope! I will post pictures of the show on Sunday.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, deac said:

Thanks to Mr Hinson the 37 Buick Century will go to the show with both headlight lenses intact and make us proud.

That's what makes the hobby, and this Buick forum in particular, so great!  As an aside, given the apparent rarity of these lenses I'm serously considering something like this: https://www.amazon.com/ClearMask-Llumar-Headlight-Protection-Patterning/dp/B07D4QXLNN

51HlOXTldcL._AC_.jpg

• Like 1

What a beautiful car,  and not just because I have a Canadian version of it in a arduously challenging restoration.

But I dread the look of that rear licence plate holder.   I have everything needed to put that "eye-sore" on my car but also have a spare "right" side tail light assembly to put in its place if I wish.   I'm a bit of a purist and will likely use the original equipment but gawd is it ugly.

The owner doesn't need to take offense since I'm insulting my own car as well.   The real appeal is the front angle view....those long uninterrupted lines.   Curvaceous fenders that make well built fit women jealous. Those long bullet shaped head light buckets beside the fine barred grill. ....the long sleek fender lights.  In my opinion....always most appealing in the dark colors. 

I might be jaded with a slight bias.....   best of luck.

Edit to add....

Mine is only a lowly 40 series.   If it was the Century it would have been one of 15 made and it would be a rumble seat coupe,  they never built any full trunk Century coupes(Opera or business versions?????) in Canada.   They built 311 of my model.

Edited by 1937McBuick (see edit history)
  • Like 2