1941 Packard Coupe - $11,50

Looks a fair price. 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/estancia-1941-packard-coupe/7521295218.html

1941 Packard club coupe straight 8 engine,Runs good much mechanical work done,brakes complete exhaust and more. New as original headliner a start on the interior restoration, best to call for details, located near Albuquerque New Mexico.(505) 453-8982

00808_l8KankqmpUdz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00u0u_1lpH9mIIIYkz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00K0K_jCzb3gWswerz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00U0U_gZbidini5Btz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg00a0a_7m4MSl44XDhz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg00j0j_2EWWZSPBkbmz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg00w0w_bPqJcd7OdQRz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

I thought that might be the same car too, but the one just posted has side mounts on both sides. Apparently Albuquerque is a hot bed of '41 Packard Coupes! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

I thought that might be the same car too, but the one just posted has side mounts on both sides. Apparently Albuquerque is a hot bed of '41 Packard Coupes! 

120 with 160 bumpers and Henney hood trim, never showing the left fender with the tool box - looks like the same car to me

8 minutes ago, classiclines said:

same phone number - same pictures - (505) 453-8982 - just less detail in the description now

You are correct! there were so many pictures I fell for it! At least the price is getting more reasonable now. 

Now reduced to $10,500 and on San Francisco Craigslist with better pictures.

I don't know how hard that fender would be to fix, but this is approaching being an opportunity for someone. Make an offer? 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/7522365570.html 

00W0W_d1CJauaX9BKz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bryankazmer said:

The car is a 120 with 160 trim, including the trunk script.  look at the dash and taillights - both are junior series

Packard had inner wheel trim rings available in 1941.  So did Plymouth.  Not a Ford exclusive.  

Obviously I know nothing about Packards, the trunk script looks original to me, and the paint of the deck lid matches the car pretty good. Along with the mysterious box on the dr. fender could there be more to this car than meets the eye? A one off of something or other? Someone mentioned Henney trim (I dont know if it is, just what I read above) could this car have been used by a funeral home in some order? 

The trunk trim and the bumpers are Packard parts, but they bolt in the same holes whether junior or senior.  The small taillights are 110/120 - they can be interchanged also, but one would upgrade rather than downgrade if switching.  The ribbed dash plastic and the mostly plastic radio screen are 110/120.  The hood side trim is Henney.  There are no side scripts on the hood, as Packard used (the font matches the trunk).  Both the Packard senior and junior trims are different from this side piece, the emblem is at the forward edge.

I believe in an earlier go-round on this car someone said the engine is a 282.  That's the 120 mill.

There are two possibilities that I see.

1)  The car is a 120 with other trim added later. This has been done before.  The sidemount cover is Packard not Henney. Most of the front clip might even be off a Henney professional car as a repair.

2) The car could be a Henney-modified 120.  Henney had the exclusive contract for Packard-based professional cars.  Henney did mix senior and junior trim on some cars, usually by doing the easy bolt ons. I've seen a hearse done that way.  If so one would expect there to be a Henney body tag.  It would certainly be odd to do this to a coupe, so I think the first option is more likely.

I see it as a decent 120 coupe that needs a left fender.  And that's not bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1