1930 Chrysler Radio

2 hours ago, Tim Wolfe said:

Can anyone tell me the correct radio for a 1930 Chrysler 70 ? They were wired at factory for a radio.

I'm thinking Philco for some reason. I may have seen one in a Chrysler in the past.

I have a "Stewart Warner" AM radio in my '31 CG.

Small little tuner on the Columb, with 2 cables running to the box under the dash, and a removable brass "key" that turns it on and does the volume.

Mike in Colorado

If you can find photos of the radio and speaker you cold have a cases built and install something modern.

The 201A vacuum tubes these radios used were almost impossible  to find in the late 1960s. The radio was kind of hard on the 4 1/2 volt and 45 volt batteries.

A modern power supply could be built to replace the "B&C" batteries that went under the front seat if you could find a radio.

I am downsizing while I'm still alive.  I have two mid 30's MoPar radio sets and 3 radio head cable assembly's all for $200.   They are quite heavy.  I will be at Hershey and could deliver them.    Don in central Ohio   740-816-4284

12 hours ago, DFeeney said:

I am downsizing while I'm still alive.  I have two mid 30's MoPar radio sets and 3 radio head cable assembly's all for $200.   They are quite heavy.  I will be at Hershey and could deliver them.    Don in central Ohio   740-816-4284

I would post a photo or two if you can as there are some differences and guys here will be able to easily ID them with those to see if they fit their car.