For Sale: 1957 Cadillac - "Second owner, Original interior" - Greensburg, PA - Not Mine - 8/8 Reduced - 8/26 Pending - 9/6 Deleted

For sale on Facebook: 1957 Cadillac 4-door Hardtop in Greensburg, PA  -  $17,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 8/8, Seller reduced price to $15,500

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/454849272732980/1957-Cadillac

Seller's Description:

1957 Cadillac 4-door Hardtop

• 2 owners
  • Driven 69,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Beige · Interior color: Beige
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

One repaint. I'm only the second owner. ZERO RUST. Car is rock solid. No rust repair either. Original interior with dealer installed seat covers. Chrome is driver quality. Brand new diamondback radials with 2 miles on them, that's it! It is an A/C car but all the components under the hood were removed at some point. Six way power seat, and Autronic eye. New weatherstripping around all 4 doors and trunk. Runs, drives, stops. Needs some brake work. Needs some carb work. Trans does leak. Comes with new gas tank straps and fuel sending unit. Exhaust is new from the manifolds to the mufflers. Original wheels have been powder coated.

image.png.06679f8cfabbe9b0d9798bdd70d1c3c3.png

image.png.35de4fc8d60518a2ac21bf2c7fa8dc0c.png

image.png.5cce7d1713f4ea804135a6231a8d4af2.png

image.png.c17024a0bf845cf36d73e60da86df964.png

image.png.3d235dd05079a47531e7db7ed15e3a15.png

image.png.b92b24dfbcadb26d7064d566811e7747.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Cadillac - "Second owner, Original interior" - Greensburg, PA - Not Mine
1 hour ago, 60s Buick Fan said:

A/C car too.

No, not air conditioned. . . . .  Perhaps you are looking at the radio speaker on the transmission hump? 

2 hours ago, 60s Buick Fan said:

Vents on the dash.  First year for Cadillac.  Typically found in A/C cars.

Ok, but there is no compressor under the hood. . . . ? 

I see a P/S pump and a oil filter but nothing else.  

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)

The ad says "It is an AC car but all the components under the hood were removed at some point". The dash clearly shows AC vents just under the windshield and an AC slide control just under the column shift lever. This was definitely an AC car when it left the factory. 

• Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Cadillac - "Second owner, Original interior" - Greensburg, PA - Not Mine - 8/8 Reduced

It is actually a Fleetwood Sixty Special. I had a '57 series 62 Sedan de Ville. These are the same wheelbase, all sedans were hardtops this year. The Fleetwood has those cool stainless steel rear quarter panels as well as the back up lights in the deck lid. The forward canted fins, flat hood and deck, ( the first year!) and the" basket handle" (later used on the Camaro/Firebird) type rear roof pillar make the car seem lighter and more squared away in my eyes. The flat hood made the car feel much more modern compared to the truck like hood of the '56. ( I had one of those later). 

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Cadillac - "Second owner, Original interior" - Greensburg, PA - Not Mine - 8/8 Reduced - 8/26 Pending - 9/6 Deleted