1955 New Yorker on FB

And, for our record, further information given

in the ad is as follows.  It's always helpful to have

this information copied into the forum:

Mileage:  54,000

Asking price: $10,500

The car must be rougher than it looks from the single

picture provided, because 3 other pictures show

stashes of parts that evidently go with the car.

You have to carefully inspect these mid-50s Mopars for rust issues, especially cars that spent their lives in the northern states. It looks like that left lower quarter's been repaired behind the rear wheel. Appears to have some oil leaks too. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 9:50 PM, Xander Wildeisen said:

What if you are most likely serious? Or kind of serious?

I think that you need to define the nature of your seriousness to proceed. You might inquire of the seller if he has a general outline of what he will consider serious questions, or if he possibly has a third party designated who is authorized to respond to questions in order to determine whether they are sufficiently serious enough for the seller to entertain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But you can not even take that first step, unless you are serious. So how does one proceed? With so little information, one can not determine whether or not they are serious. To place the call signals to the seller that you really are serious. But to be truly serious more information is needed. If you need to go through a third party. How would a person trust their level of seriousness about representing a serious buyer and a serious seller. If the seller is truly serious about the sale. I am seriously starting to question the sellers intent, with his statement of serious inquiries only. I mean he can’t be serious?

• Haha 3