'31 Model A Roadster Asking $12,900, willing to take less

If you aren't looking for a showpiece, this might be a relatively easy project.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/cool-patina-1931-model-a-roadster.1268712/

Tons of cool!
This roadster has spent its life since 1960 tucked away in a garage until 2015 and then an airplane hanger ever since.
It has real, time earned patina and oozes with period awesomeness.
Engine turns freely by hand and by starter. Currently no spark and haven't had time to put a spare coil on and mess with it.
If someone is looking to restore I have virtually everything in nice original condition I would sell SEPARATELY. (I won't sell any parts until the car sells in case I end up keeping it).
The car is exceptionally solid. There is no rot...even the exhaust is complete. The only damage I can find is what appears to be lead filler on the passenger door covering a dent that is peeling away (but I haven't really looked at it hard)
I have the 1960 title to THIS CAR!!
I'd love to get it running, put new tires on it, and tool around with it but I bought it in a package deal with a car I want to build and just don't have time.
Would be great to do an AV8 build or just put together as is!
Price isn't firm...starting somewhere.

fb_img_1653865060134-jpg.54492989881-jpeg.54492999882-jpeg.54493009883-jpeg.54493019886-jpeg.544930420220529_184808-jpg.544930720220529_185516-jpg.5449321

• Like 1

A Deluxe, the vast majority were in 31.  Woukd be great for either that few looking to restore aa A soup to nuts, or get running, stopoing and going straight for some fun, or even as a banger or AV8 as suggested.

Mine was better when I bought it for a bit less but, oh my that was in 2015 - wow, time flies..  In some respects untouched, like this one might not be a bad start.  I ended up redoing some of prior owners work but I suppose this one might have some surprises as well.

Based on other 30, 31 roadsters in this shape he is a little high but clearly says he is flexible.  Shouldn't be hard to strike middle ground here without too much pain either way.

IMHO, halfway between zero and the asking price would be the right middle ground.

There are a lot of "A" roadsters around, and driver-condition cars aren't that expensive.

I sold a 1930 standard roadster in decent running condition for $7K seventeen years ago. I don't think they've appreciated that much since.

Woukd be intetesting to see what it sells for. 

The banger, AV8 guys are buying older restorations for teens, honestly I suspect one of those guys would pony up more than $6k for this assuming body is as good as described.  The finished car sporting the ancient paint will be more desirable than one with a perfect Brookville body at $6k plus shipping.

Most of those could theoretically be brought back but that is what's driving market for these cars along with a smaller number of folks buying older restorations to enjoy.  Even at his ask this beats buying an older driver like Kerry describes, but those guys offset some initial cost by peddling some of the parts.  Kind of a bummer but that what is going on today.

It would be interesting to see what it sells for. 

The banger, AV8 guys are buying older restorations for teens, honestly I suspect one of those guys would pony up something  more than $6k for this assuming body is as good as described.  The finished car sporting the ancient paint will be more desirable in that group than one with a perfect Brookville body at $6k plus shipping.

Most of those could theoretically be brought back but that is what's driving market for these cars along with a smaller number of folks buying older restorations to enjoy.  Even at his ask this beats buying an older driver like Kerry describes, but those guys offset some initial cost by peddling some of the parts.  Kind of a bummer but that what is going on today.

In 1982 this would be grabbed up and restored completely.  Would be great to see that now but $6k is the price point for that I would think.  Buyer woukd have to be the person looking to do their own fine point car.