1933 Chrysler - Very nice, posted in January, Price reduced

In January it was listed at $48K.  The seller is probably not coming out OK, even at the old price. I love Chryslers, but I'm not sure you could get this price for  an Imperial sedan, and this car is a lower priced  six cylinder model. (224 CID, not 324) It is nice though.....

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/d/glendale-1933-chrysler/7501689980.html

1933 Chrysler Antique Classic Car restored as original and is extremely rare. 6-volt electrical system, new exhaust system and body repainted with original color paint using base coat and clear coat, restoration completed in 2014 with 375 miles driven since restoration. Interior restored to original mohair material and colors, new floor material, new cloth top, new side curtains. Windshield hinges outward on both sides for cool air.
324 CID 6-cylinder engine, 3-speed manual transmission, spoke wheels, 5-new tires. Low mileage (33915 Miles), No rust, always kept in a garage and covered, has won many 1st place awards, showroom condition.
Never been in an accident or damaged, original-manufacturing markings on the firewall, clear title, original patina finish on the dash and doors.
178-pictures, original owners/service manual and documentation detailing restoration are available when vehicle is purchased.
The price of this vehicle has been reduced from $48,000 Now asking $43,995 Cash or bank wire transfer only. Contact Bob for appointment to see. (602) 300-5403

100505_40oM5pNWM6lz_0gw0co_600x450.jpg00B0B_74zIb6aJebGz_0co0gw_600x450.jpg00a0a_gVnE9WAHbkbz_0co0gw_600x450.jpg00808_fpVz6s3LxhNz_0gw0co_600x450.jpg00s0s_dWH8ER2GzRnz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00d0d_RargzTVtPzz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00F0F_a3vfzS3t6DWz_0kE0fu_600x450.jpg00V0V_dPJnXDdbIfWz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00t0t_gu8bzPZ8I4az_0kE0fu_600x450.jpg

• Like 4

Beautiful car. I have no idea what early Chryslers sell for. But if I were in the 40k-50k buying range I would want a nice roadster, not a sedan. Not that there is anything wrong with sedans, I just coudnt see myself spending the asking for this car.

• Like 3

The price seems a little high but I saw a 32 CP (eight cylinder) sedan sell for $46,500 recently, which I was very surprised. The early Chrysler sedans are beautiful cars and drive very nicely. I am glad to see that they might be bringing better prices. They are styled exactly like the big Imperials which are six figure cars. I am sure if the owner wants to let it go for a reasonable offer, he would. But with restoration costs being what they are today, and this car was done correctly, which is near impossible considering there are no parts cars anymore, it should bring a healthy price. If it was mine, I would not sell it cheap either.

• Like 1

6 and 8 being the difference and then Imperial a whole different animal in collectability.   Like anything you can spend crazy money restoring any car to as correct as you want but in the end it's body style and Horsepower that bring the final price.  Think 6 cylinder or bas 8 60's car.  Think same car with top performance package,  even if identical in every other aspect.  Now muscle cars are a bit different but still the thought is shared across the spectrum for most cars.  Notch it up to the 50's and think a Fuel injected stick 57 Chevy or a 6 cylinder PG.  Same car.  Could be a wagon or a 2 door hardtop.  Nothing wrong with the lesser HP or Cylinders,  but they just won't bring the money in a buyer's market. 

We all know the number of cars guys have lost money on after restoration.   Plus you are competing with several other marques of similar vintage as few guys are buying based on this exact model and specs.  Most buyers for a car like this are shopping a price range and a certain era at best so this could be competing with say a Buick or whole other pile of cars in sportier body styles.  Many people will even take a lesser quality restoration in favor of a more sporty body style.   Tough place to be in as a seller. 

• Like 2