Starter or parts needed 1924 Chrysler 6 or B70

Danny

I have a 1924 Chrysler B 70 or some call it a Chrysler 6. I am in search of a starter for this car. the starter is being worked on but the starter drive needs to be replaced. So either a starter or the starter drive... Only thing between car running or not. HELP

Dan Dorris

Edited by Danny (see edit history)

Dan

Be more specific in your title of your post beyond "part needed" it will get more attention from the people who would otherwise pass by it as not worthy enough t bother to read. Perhaps something like "Starter or parts needed, 1920s Chrysler 6 "

WG

Starter or parts needed, 1920s Chrysler 6

Danny

Look at my last line - that says what you seek -  it gives a better /somewhat clearer message. I hope you find the part with all the great people here looking for you!

Walt

• Danny changed the title to Starter or parts needed 1924 Chrysler 6 or B70

The tag is the metal plate (usually aluminum or brass)attached to the outside of the starter. It should be rivited on. Some rebuild shops in the past would remove the tag and some would stamp the number or their own into the metal of the starter housing. I will attach a photo of some Delco-Remy starter tags.

Dave

738 starters.jpg

Edited by Dave39MD (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps this will be of some assistance to Danny, assuming that the Chrysler B-70 used the same starter in 1924 and 1925.

The Remy starter number is 722-B

Tag.jpg.e39ee0cbf23fe781b6c579c92cb1a818.jpg

The starter drive is Bendix part number R-11X

902116067_Bendix2.jpg.81ae6c9c215a34680e6f85e13c30007c.jpg

The Bendix assembly does not include the reduction gear, shown on the right above. That gear is Remy part number 9665.

Gear.jpg.94f4d7dd172d16b239774a5aefb25964.jpg

Hopefully this will get Danny some leads on a starter drive.  As for me, my 1925 B-70 needs the gear shown above.  Should anyone have one of these, with or without the rest of the starter, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Here are the pieces of the starter assembly. I didn't have a photo handy showing the thing all put together.

635249731_Starterpieces.jpg.9669ba37b4b8751e176a46c924176f49.jpg

And, just for reference, here is the car needing the reduction gear.

2011183366_Feb2011resized.JPG.19d342320d4ee7b04aa4d009e09db752.JPG

One final note: Jay Astheimer is certainly the go-to guy for early Chrysler parts.  He has helped on several occasions on this car. But at last check he no longer has these starter parts.

• Like 3

Dan, the photos are of the starter for my car, which also needs repair. In my case, just the reduction gear. I posted them so that you would be better able to answer the questions posted by others. If you end up with another starter and don't need the reduction gear, I sure could use it.

Danny and Mr McDonald, A  good possibility for parts is a company  https://www.aerrebuild.com/

Advanced Electrical Rebuilders, Contact is Jason - Owner. He did complete electrical, mechanical, and cosmetic restoration 

on the starter, generater, and distributer for my 1925 Chrysler G70. All were made by Remy Electric Co  and all 3 were original to

the car.  These are now basically in like new condition.  He has alot of parts and many many OLD original factory parts breakdowns,  

books, and service manuals for early manufacturers of starters, generators, and distributors.  Best of Luck, CricketKJ26

Advanced Electrical Rebuilders

Address: 16574 S. Bauer Rd Grand Ledge, MI 48837

Phone: 517-345-7272 or 866-228-0218

Email: jason@aerrebuild.com

CLARIFICATION MY Car is a 1926 G70 Chrysler Built in Oct/Nov/ 1925. The Remy starter Model# is a 724-B.

I will try to find my 1931 Remy Delco Parts book that has all the Remy and Delco Model #s, and lists the year, car mfr, car mdl#,

and parts breakdown  for starters, generators, distributors, and voltage requlators.  CricketKj26

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 10:41 PM, cricketkj26 said:

Danny and Mr McDonald, A  good possibility for parts is a company  https://www.aerrebuild.com/

Advanced Electrical Rebuilders, Contact is Jason - Owner. He did complete electrical, mechanical, and cosmetic restoration 

on the starter, generater, and distributer for my 1925 Chrysler G70. All were made by Remy Electric Co  and all 3 were original to

the car.  These are now basically in like new condition.  He has alot of parts and many many OLD original factory parts breakdowns,  

books, and service manuals for early manufacturers of starters, generators, and distributors.  Best of Luck, CricketKJ26

Advanced Electrical Rebuilders

Address: 16574 S. Bauer Rd Grand Ledge, MI 48837

Phone: 517-345-7272 or 866-228-0218

Email: jason@aerrebuild.com

I concur with using Jason. He has done a couple of starter/generators for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Email me directly if you could with pictures and exactly what you are looking for. I have the bendix/drive assembly in stock, but the reduction gear is separate and is a hard to find piece. If someone would send me their original worn gear, I would make several as it is a somewhat common requested item. 

jason@aerrebuild.com

www.aerrebuild.com

Jason, I appreciate your message.. However I got tired of looking for the starter or parts and sent it off to be rebuilt. I should have it back by Monday and if I have an issue I will contack you

Thanks again

Dan