Fords at Carlisle Pix

cutlasguy

CutlasGuy,

I also love the fact that you always do an excellent job of allowing us to be at the show with you, thanks to your pictures..... Keep up the great work....

I had my show this weekend at the Old Westbury Gardens Mansion .... and while we had 3 REOs, about 15 Packards, 2 Caddy V16s, We

May have had a better Ford Show than Fords @ Carlisle !!!!

We had a 1910 Ford, a 1912, 22 Model A s from 1928 - 1931, about 6 Model T s, a spectacular 1947 Lincoln, a 1956 Turquoise Mercury Montclair, and some magnificent Mustangs,  including a Boss, a couple 427s, and Jennifer Chernow's 399 points out of 400 1971 Mustang Mach 1....

My favorite cars of your photos, CutlasGuy,  were the 1954 Ford, that 1958 Edsel with the "backward" tail lites, and a few of the first generation Mustangs...

Keep those awesome photos comin' , CutlasGuy....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oldcarfudd said:

Good pictures, but I didn't see a single real Ford!

image.jpeg.9bef071f1a50353bd30b6559e60f92fa.jpeg

Yes, was wondering if there was some kind of age cut-off for the event, i.e. no cars before 195xx allowed???  Maybe the Model T and A guys were playing elsewhere.  

Terry

8 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

Yes, was wondering if there was some kind of age cut-off for the event, i.e. no cars before 195xx allowed???  Maybe the Model T and A guys were playing elsewhere.  

Terry

Agree, but it looked a lot like my high school parking lot, the Cougars and Rustangs were cheap and plentiful at the time. The last 65 Pony I bought to beat on cost $75 and it still passed inspection. A friend had a $125 dollar 67 Cougar that was actually solid, which for a salty snow belt state was unheard of! 

If only we knew then…

Thank you for those great pictures and the people who took their time to show these cars. Although post war has little interest to me personally I

appreciate the fact it brings a younger segment to our hobby. I often think about an early article Henry Austin Clark wrote for old cars weekly talking

about being  turned away from an antique car show with his L29 Cord because  it was to new!  Love that 14 Ford, wish I had one.

I think I saw a couple of '72 Gran Torinos. Had one and loved it, dont see them around too much anymore. Thanks for the pics and taking your time to post. Although only an hr and half away I never seem to get to the special events in Carlisle. I may have to start going just because. I like the way you photograph the cars. I am curious, do you use a camera, and if so what kind or are these cell phone pics.

I use a Sony Alpha with a wide angle 18/70 lens that I've had for the last 14 years! I bend at the knees while taking the pix, It gives a more dramatic effect and keeps my image out of the frame. Once, I had a spectator ask why I was taking pictures of their license plates,because I was getting down so low!

• Like 2