Please help me identify this car…

castsN2trees

Hello… a couple of days ago, my dad sent me this photo of my great-grandad, holding a big catfish and standing next to an old car….

In 10 days, I am headed to Cuba for a fishing trip and will be spending a day in Havana. Since Havana is known for old cars, I thought it would be cool to try and identify the car in the photo, locate one, and take a photo of me standing next to it for my dad…

Can you help me identify this car? I greatly appreciate it…

2FAE97AD-3630-48B6-B285-8C71BD234930.jpeg.069cacd4c55a5b24aeae6f45d5a28e74.jpeg

If you don't spot one in Cuba, there are plenty of opportunities once you return.  Just look for a large meet of the AACA or the Buick club-- one which isn't too far from you -- and get your picture taken there.  Be sure to bring along a large stuffed fish.

• Like 2

And I'm not passing the opportunity to remind everyone that the Buick Nationals is June 22 - 25 in Lisle Illinois. I'm sure you'll find one there. I'll even take your picture next to it. You bring the fish.

https://www.buickclub.org/2022-bca-national-meet/

Catfish saw that Buick's big catfish grille and thought he'd found a friend!

As stated no need to go all the way to Havana to find a 52 Buick. Any you find there have probably had Isuzu Diesel engines installed... the Cuban people are resourceful and ingenious keeping their pre-1959 American cars going.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Twisted Shifter said:

Hey, Buick experts:

How can you tell the difference between a '51 and a '52 Buick head on, (from the front)? I have not been able to see anything specific. 

Maybe just side trim or from the rear?

Not an expert but Buick parts books show that 1951 and 1952 grilles have different part numbers. It's evident that a 1951 grille has 24 vertical teeth and a 1952 only has 19 if you take a close look at pictures of the two years. So, briankazmer's 1952 identification of the catfish car in question is correct.