1965 Wildcat $3,000 (Facebook, not mine)

I sent the seller a message with my phone number.  It looks to me like someone who doesn't use FB, but set up the account just to list the car.  We will see if I get a response.  It looks like a good deal if the engine isn't stuck and the interior is reasonably intact.  Have trailer and winch, will travel....to Iowa.

• Like 2

This car sold to a fellow on Facebook, who has posted it in a Wildcat group.  As he notes, he was super lucky to be able to nab this example, which had been off the road since 1972.

Look what is under the hood; this wasn't mentioned in the listing!

The mighty dual-quad 425 "Super Wildcat"!

facebook.jpg

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Wow, I guess it was real ad after all. Even with all of the work that it will probably need, that seems like a bargain price. I found the guy's posts on Facebook. He posted some shots of the interior as well. The car looks very complete and probably will clean up very well. He commented that the engine needs a rebuild. As nice as that car appears to be, I think the cost of an engine rebuild isn't much of an overall expense. 

Edited by drhach (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 8:25 AM, drhach said:

I just saw that the guy is trying to flip it for $15K. He didn't even bother to wash it. 

Worst part of hobby. He got there 1st or had a tip.  Sad. I would have no issue if he was honest and asked $5,000 if he indeed paid $3,000.  

Are there now photos and more information.  (photos of interior)

• Like 1

I welcome the opportunity for a good flip if I can see some effort put forth.  You guys know I move cars, even more so now that I work with cars full time.  I can't think of one car, even the bad buys, that I haven't put some effort into improving for the sake of the next owner...and myself.  I find it highly satisfying.

• Like 1

I guess you can ask a million for it if you want. That doesn't mean you'll get it. I have no problem with someone making a few bucks. It would have been a much better story if someone who would have appreciated the car had gotten it for that price. 

• Like 2

I don't either. I think most people who do that try to add a little value before reselling it. This guy didn't even bother to give it a bath before asking 5 times the purchase price. Again, asking and getting are two different things. It's a non-runner and who knows what lurks under all of that dust. 

• 2 weeks later...