Recommend a new radiator...

DV8

The radiator on my '65 just quit. What should I replace it with? Priorities are performance/functionality/durability. Not concerned with keeping it OEM. Shall I go aluminum? The replacement at C.A.R.S. is pricy but if that's the best option that's what I'll do.

I had my original recored at a local old school radiator shop. Went with a bigger core with larger diameter tubes and more fins. It is perfect, looks stock, fits like it should, and never gets hot now. That’s my recommendation. I think it was around $550 and worth it. 
Someone on here  recently had issues fitting an aluminum one and had to modify quite a bit, just my .02

🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hadn't thought of a recore. Looks like there are a few shops nearby that can do it and it will save me about $200 from buying a replacement from C.A.R.S. Anything anyone can recommend I look/ask for when getting it recored?

The tubes are NOT bigger as 3/8ths. is as large as they can be in a copper/brass radiator. 

I think what he was trying to get across is that there were more fins per inch which with more fins gives the heat transfer more air to pass over more fins to cool better.

Or desert cooler or max cool or any other name they can come up with.

4 row is better. More heat/cooling transfer.

Tom T.