1948 Dodge Three Window Coupe $6500 Winterset, IA

Hey Hudsy, is there an echo in here? 😄

This looks like a pretty good deal for someone with the skills to carry it through.  If all the parts are there as represented, the price isn't too bad.  I love the MoPars from this era, especially these business coupes.

These projects mystify me more than a car thas t gets dissasembled and no real restoration work is ever done.  That I kind of get, but this car seems pretty far along.  What caused restorer to change course, or lose interest....

Green on these would be A ok with me... 😊

31 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

These projects mystify me more than a car thas t gets dissasembled and no real restoration work is ever done.  That I kind of get, but this car seems pretty far along.  What caused restorer to change course, or lose interest....

Green on these would be A ok with me... 😊

I've found 2 scenarios to be most common.

One- The work was being done by someone that either died or it was at a shop and either the shop closed or the owner of the shop and the owner of the car had a disagreement. 

That's the possible labor aspect of why it wasn't finished.  

The other I have found is paint issues.  You spend the money,  had nice paint work done and now it's cracking, solvent pop or some other scenario,  that says it's never going to be right and the only way to correct it is to strip it all back down and start over.  When you have reached this stage,  that's the last thing you want to do,  especially if you just dumped good money on a paint job.  

I've had it happen to my own personal cars. 

Crappy job done in a driveway,  with not much better than spray cans and poor prep work and it last for 10-20 years in the elements.  I do everything right,  use the right primer, start with a freshly sand blasted surface and have paint issues within a year on a car that's stored in a heated garage and never sees rain. 

Give me a car with a solid 20-30 year old paint job over anything done in the last 5 years and I'l be happy. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, neil morse said:

Hey Hudsy, is there an echo in here? 😄

This looks like a pretty good deal for someone with the skills to carry it through.  If all the parts are there as represented, the price isn't too bad.  I love the MoPars from this era, especially these business coupes.

I don't know how I managed to post this twice. Sorry!