65 Riviera muffler for sale

gmdbhornet

Just cut a hole on the hidden top side and use a nibbler or snips to make as big an opening as needed. MIG it back when you are satisfied.

I am planning to repair all my existing mufflers and pipes in the future if they rust or the stuffing compacts to make them louder.

I never really thought about repairing exhaust parts until I began buying handmade mufflers that were too noisy, pipes without quite the right angles or too little flare on ball and socket models. Then I helped repair a Silver Cloud resonator that was claimed to have a $3,000 OEM replacement value. My parts were cheap but I found I was replacing well fitting parts with lesser fit or more noise.

Funny, two days ago I decided to go back to stock (silent) exhaust on my '64 Riviera and this unit came up. I have an NOS muffler stored overhead and the two over the axle pipes I bought from you (John) hanging on the wall or I would have snapped this one advertised up. Timing was prefect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Just cut a hole on the hidden top side and use a nibbler or snips to make as big an opening as needed. MIG it back when you are satisfied.

I am planning to repair all my existing mufflers and pipes in the future if they rust or the stuffing compacts to make them louder.

I never really thought about repairing exhaust parts until I began buying handmade mufflers that were too noisy, pipes without quite the right angles or too little flare on ball and socket models. Then I helped repair a Silver Cloud resonator that was claimed to have a $3,000 OEM replacement value. My parts were cheap but I found I was replacing well fitting parts with lesser fit or more noise.

Funny, two days ago I decided to go back to stock (silent) exhaust on my '64 Riviera and this unit came up. I have an NOS muffler stored overhead and the two over the axle pipes I bought from you (John) hanging on the wall or I would have snapped this one advertised up. Timing was prefect.

You're up Bernie

Tom

I got all my parts together and laid them out. I'm good to go with the NOS stuff I gathered up.

That decision did just happen.

Hopefully my plan to maintain and repair my existing systems works out. I have the Riviera job and I need to drop my Park Ave convertible system to weld up a small hole from "work by others". Judging from conditions of the systems I should be good for 10-15 years. On the long end of that the repair will have me pushing 90 years old. I look forward to fixing it.

My daughter and her husband just closed on a 30 year mortgage up near Boston. First thing I did was offer to bring the matches to the burning party. Swedish matches, right from Tidaholm.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 7:51 PM, gmdbhornet said:

Muffler was purchased from Waldron's.  It fits 2 1/4 inch exhaust pipes.  Minor use 300-500 miles.  $60.00 plus shipping.  Thanks Gerry.PXL_20220323_233841314.jpg.1be81addf21474c032fa244d0dd85f7a.jpg

Gerry what is the shipping to Sacramento CA?  I have a 64, will this fit?  Thanks! Paul