New York auction Packards, Cadillacs, Oldsmobile

That and a roughly 20-22% buyer's premium.  Ouch.  What's anyone's thoughts on the 37 Packard 120 black convertible coupe?   I like it and it's only a couple of hours from me.  You also only have 1 - 3 days to remove the cars on a certain date.  Says no other times will be available to pick the cars up.  Seems to be very much of a turn off to a potential buyer.  High premium,  questionable paperwork if any and a very specific time to pick the cars up. 

Wonder when the last time it ran was?  Looks like it was restored some time ago.  (30 years or more?) Wonder when it ran last?  The new Carb not installed makes me wonder how well it ran when it ran.  The side mount cover being jammed in the wrong spot doesn't fill me with alot of confidence either.  Could it be had for 30,000?  of course that would be 36,600 with buyer's premium. Not running is it even a 3?  Really shoves it down to a 4.  Will need tires and brakes most likely as well at this point. 

The owner Louis Able has been a friend of mine for years. To put it BLUNTLY  he was a hoarder. I really NICE HOARDER. He acquired 100s   of cars (At least 100) and I never knew him to drive any. You need to go look at the  car and bid a price you are comfortable with. The seller is a close friend  of the owner, a old car guy and  honest. He will tell you what he knows. My dad used to tell me .... When you buy a old car that isnt running or driving, its like getting married... If you arent happy  after you get her home, tough shit. She is yours. No return policy.  Im sure the cover was just stuck there by the auction company. Dont let that scare you. Good luck!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

This is the selected second group of cars, somewhat better condition than the first round.  Same cautions still apply.

At least on this offering  a buyer can  go look at the cars with an appointment. The 2 Ford convertibles look good to me.