Model T Ford at Waldo County fair at Unity Maine

Douglas Gilmore Brown

Yup. In 13 the doors opened all the way down to the splash apron and the Windshield top half folded forward.  Of course that drivers side door is just a fake, but I'm positive the car is 14. 

Terry

Hmmm.. wondering if it is a photography prop? Note the unexplainable cloths covering rear wheel, under the car, etc, and although driver appears to be posed as if he is driving it somewhere, it does not appear ready to go anywhere. A bit of a puzzle, thinking maybe for taking a Community Fair souvenir photo. Car is quite dirty, suggesting year of photo may not be 1914.

• Like 1

That area would have been fairly rural in 1914 and it still is today compared to the more tourist focused areas. I had driven my T there several times when we lived on the coast and the back roads are still beautiful T roads!

That said, in 1914 an automobile prop would still have been an attraction for photographs in a rural farming community, and looking at the background the horse drawn outnumber other automobiles by a good margin.

Nice picture of an interesting auto at an interesting place at an interesting time.

It could be a photographers prop,  that doesn't change my interest.

Adelbert Ames, hero of Little Round Top and 20th Maine fame was racing horses in the county fair circuits at this time, actually into the '30s. More than likely he was at the Unity Fair that day. He was known to be a hair prickly.

Never mind the news from Europe,  lets go to the fair. Maybe get out pitchers took.

• Like 1