Teens touring

nzcarnerd

Posting a photo of your car on any forum automatically makes it available for any of the internet search engines. Even if you post to AACA, your local club, facebook, etc. It all becomes available.

I was in AUS looking for a photo  of my ‘19o DB to show co-workers and lo-and-behold their in my car at a local car show. Someone took a photo and posted it…never knew it was out there.

Edited by 72caddy (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, 72caddy said:

Posting a photo of your car on any forum automatically makes it available for any of the internet search engines. Even if you post to AACA, your local club, facebook, etc. It all becomes available.

I was in AUS looking for a photo  of my ‘19o DB to show co-workers and lo-and-behold their in my car at a local car show. Someone took a photo and posted it…never knew it was out there.

Tried that with mine but it didn't show up. I have posted pics of it on this forum among other places.

Pictures on the internet often surprise me. I have found several of the cars I used to own and drive on internet searches. Some of them taken when I owned the car, and some taken after I sold it. I also often find friends with their cars often posted by people that took the pictures at tours and meets my friend had attended. Just part of life these past twenty years now. On the other hand, there are a few cars I would really like to find photos of. Cars that are or were striking enough that I would expect pictures to have been taken and posted. However, repeated attempts to find such pictures have always failed. A very good friend had a 1925 Stearns Knight, incredible looking car! Someone somewhere must own it, and I would think like to show it off. But several attempts to find pictures of it on the internet have shown a good number of Stearns Knights, including two similar to his. But no pictures of his have I found. I guess it must be hiding in a private collection somewhere.

I have also tried to find photos of a Kissel cabriolet I looked at and considered buying about thirty years ago (also 1925 if I recall correctly?). Also a wonderful looking car that I would think any owner would want to show off! Never found it and do not know where it went when it sold. It was such a neat car, I would have bought it, but the rumble seat really did not work for my family at that time. I few months later I bought the series 80 Pierce Arrow I had for too short a time.