1929 Essex challenger super six coach

This is not my car and I have no affiliation with it. 

Seller's Description

Price Reduced to $11,000. Car is mostly original and complete. It had been repainted sometime before I purchased in 1986. It was last registered as historical in 1979 and was last driven in October 1987 and has been stored since. The sheet metal is solid, chrome is brillant, but shows slight aging and the under carriage is free of rust. This car would require minor detailing to make road worthy and to keep as historical, or it would be an easy total restoration project. All offers will be considered.

No photo description available.
More photos at the site.
  • Like 2

The terms "coupe", "coach", and "two-door sedan" have been used interchangeably since before this car was new. Different manufacturers used different terms at different times.  My 1925 Studebaker I had years ago had been called a "coach" in original advertising. Personally, I tend to prefer "two-door sedan" simply because it confuses the fewest people. "Coupe" I think should mostly reserved for the common usage of two to three passenger enclosed bodies with a full trunk or rumble seat behind the passenger compartment, or to a lesser extent the four passenger short-coupled coupes sometimes also called an "opera coupe". Those "opera coupes" were also often called "Victoria coupe", or sometimes "Vicky" for short. Unfortunately, history and marketing of the past did not help much by playing around with the terminology they used at the time. I doubt that we as hobbyists will ever reach a real consensus about how all these terms should be used. 

Nice looking car! I don't do facebook.  I wonder how the interior is?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Different manufacturers used different terms at different times.

You ought to shop for a pickup with more than 2 doors. Manufacturers all use different names and it's really confusing. King cab, extended cab, crew cab, and on and on. 

Here's the interior.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

I certainly dont mean any offense to anyone here with an original int. but when I see that my first thought is 'I cant imagine what that smells like!'

I use to keep my two unrestored but driving cars {1929 Chevrolet coach & 1931 Model-A Ford roadster} in my barn.  When I would first open the side door and step into the

building after being out a day or so.  The "patenia" smell was so euphoric that it literally was indescribable......🤪

Capt. Harley😉

Skirts are for women and not car fenders!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I certainly dont mean any offense to anyone here with an original int.

No offense taken. Actually in my case I'm not aware of any disagreeable odors. No one that has had a ride in it has mentioned anything. I can see where your coming from though. Especially if it's been stored in undesirable conditions.