My New Garage Journey!

MarkV

On 3/2/2022 at 6:13 PM, Paul Dobbin said:

Nice looking little storage garage, with small cars, you'll get 4 in there.   VW's, Metropolitans. Sprites, Croleys, Etc.   Little cars will make the garage feel gigantic.  Nice work, enjoy it.

That’s the problem I only have large cars! 

2 hours ago, MarkV said:

That’s the problem I only have large cars! 

My brother and myself made a decision years ago to start collecting motorcycles. We both had a strong interest in antique motorsports and figure motorcycles would take up less space than cars! In no time we had 3 garages full!  The equal number of cars would have been a small warehouse. 

Looks like you should be moving in to your new garage this weekend. Have fun!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TAKerry said:

My brother and myself made a decision years ago to start collecting motorcycles. We both had a strong interest in antique motorsports and figure motorcycles would take up less space than cars! In no time we had 3 garages full!  The equal number of cars would have been a small warehouse. 

Looks like you should be moving in to your new garage this weekend. Have fun!

A91519F3-5733-4D1F-81B1-452FA547881D.jpeg

7AE46CD5-255D-4748-80AD-8B24CA99DE5F.jpeg

• Like 8

If it were my garage, I would have fire code sheet rock on the walls and celling!

I would then install the wireing and air lines on the wall where they would be accessible for future access.

There is always a chance of a small fire while cleaning or small gas drip that could be easily extinguished if there is no wood exposed

Without sheet rock, the fire dept. would not arrive before the structural parts would have to be replaced. With sheet rock, a quick coat of paint could be all you need.

On 3/10/2022 at 5:34 AM, Roger Walling said:

If it were my garage, I would have fire code sheet rock on the walls and celling!

I would then install the wireing and air lines on the wall where they would be accessible for future access.

There is always a chance of a small fire while cleaning or small gas drip that could be easily extinguished if there is no wood exposed

Without sheet rock, the fire dept. would not arrive before the structural parts would have to be replaced. With sheet rock, a quick coat of paint could be all you need.

thats why I have insurance :) 

ive had a 1921 Chevrolet parked in my old garage since 1973, and always unplug the battery and make sure there are no leaks and have  never had an issue. 

51 minutes ago, MarkV said:

thats why I have insurance :) 

I recommended 5/8" firecode sheetrock to a friend when he was building his garage. His comment,

"THAT'S WHY I HAVE INSURANCE"

Well, when the fire came, he was without a garage for 6 months, all while fighting with the insurance company.

It took him over a year to settle for less than the repairs cost.

HE HAD TO SELL ONE OF HIS CARS TO PAY FOR IT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Walling said:

I recommended 5/8" firecode sheetrock to a friend when he was building his garage. His comment,

"THAT'S WHY I HAVE INSURANCE"

Well, when the fire came, he was without a garage for 6 months, all while fighting with the insurance company.

It took him over a year to settle for less than the repairs cost.

HE HAD TO SELL ONE OF HIS CARS TO PAY FOR IT.

I dealt with 1/4 of my house being flooded out last year and insurance. After eight months of being out of the house, I just hired legal to deal with it. Solved within a week a $14k payout for $80k in damage and magically they paid $80+ after legal got involved within a week.

moral of the story just hire a public adjuster or attorney right off the bat. 

it also depends what kind of coverage I have guaranteed replacement plus which costs more (this doesn’t have a depreciation clause). 

• Like 1