1925 Buick master water pump

michealbernal

My friend has a 1925 Master.  The water pump shaft has been eroded at the shaft sealing surface at least 1/8 inch deep.  The pump needs a complete rebuild.  Who is doing this type of work now?  Any info appreciated.  Thanks  

I am not sure who would do this type of work on the west coast. I was able to machine the shaft and make new bushings on 2 of my 1925 Standard pumps as well as my 1925 Master. Dean Tryon (1915-1918 McLaughlin Buick Newsletter) has newly cast brass impellors. I made up the patern for him.

DSCF7343.JPG.478f362162cf80abadc6d2f26e297812.JPGThe finished Standard pump.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Michael,   I do understand that Egge is doing waterpump rebuilds on the west coast, but don't quote me.   It would be nice if we had a source for water pump shafts.  I do have dimensional drawings for the shafts in my water pump rebuild procedure.  That may save you some cost in fabrication if they already have the dimensions.  Hugh

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening.  My father son and I rebuild water pumps. Whether it's for a Buick,  auburn etc. We can make shafts and anything else necessary.  Many times we convert the packing to modern seals  all the while retaining the original look. We also do in house babbitting. Crank grinding , balancing,  head work etc. We are on the east coast,  but ups has that problem solved. We also helped Larry on his pump. Please give us a call if we can help in any way. Patrick Reeve.    Reeve enterprises Inc.  315 655 8812 shop or 315 663 1569 cell

• Like 7

Yes, EmTee. Reeve Enterprises in Cazenovia, NY. is a very capable family business. They did rebuild my pump from my 1925 Standard. Correcting the mistakes, I made on my first attempt.

They also rebuilt my engine which has had several thousand happy miles of use since.

DSCF6966.JPG.adbb584cc4d58f1ed5c166eb440d5cf5.JPG 

Picking up the engine at the Reeve shop.

DSCF6965.JPG.5f87b3ae19e8e70f3c263a80ffa276b7.JPG

Newly fitted ROSS aluminum pistons.

DSCF6972.JPG.7f9b637b3f698d7f1602d1c59903c389.JPG

Rebuilt roller lifters with reground rollers and new axles.

The also did a monumental task of rebuilding a friend's 1931-344 engine with many issues.

DSCF6583.JPG.20f95cbfbf9e971ebdff4611f6d784ad.JPG 

Reground crankshaft from the 344. Boy it was heavy!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dibarlaw said:

Reeve Enterprises in Cazenovia, NY. is a very capable family business.

Thanks, Larry - that's great to know.  I may have to go pay them a visit "just because"!  I had some concern about where I'd go if I needed any machine work on my '38.  It's nice to know that there's a shop nearby and a bonus that they are recommended by someone on this forum.  ;)

• Like 1

Larry and I compared notes on our rebuilds since we both have the same engine.  I  did a lot of the work on my engine myself and I used several machine shops as I was not able to do one stop shopping in Texas.  Our cost numbers came out comperable so that was a good indicator as well that Reeves is a good shop to use .    Hugh 

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)
  • Like 4