For Sale: 1965 Dodge Coronet 440 4 Dr Sedan - $4,850 - Durham, NC - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price $4,850: 1-21-2022:

For Sale: 1965 Dodge Coronet 440 4 Dr Sedan - $4,850 - Durham, NC - Still Available, Same Price $4,850: 1-21-2022: See New Link Below.

1965 Dodge Coronet - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1965 Dodge Coronet 4 Door. 440 Model. Has many new parts and extensive work done to make this a nice driver quality classic, NEW are: 225 cubic inch Slant 6 Cylinder Engine is completely rebuilt. Runs perfect and strong. Front disk brake conversion was done with all new front disk brake system components, new brake lines, new master cylinder. Great brakes all around. New aluminum radiator keeps new engine cool at 180 degrees. New Gas tank. New shocks. New Tires. New muffler. New aftermarket heater that works great. New temp and oil pressure gauge. This car runs and drives excellent even at highway speed of 70-75 MPH. Smooth and steady and tracks straight. Body overall is in very good condition Floor pan on driver's side front was replaced with factory stamped replacement. Only rust is in trunk pan and lower bottom rear passenger side quarter panel. These are easily repairable and do not need full replacement. Interior needs work to be nice. Seats, door panels, and headliner would need to be redone to bring car to a higher level. I have carpet that can go with the car not installed yet. Factory rims hubcaps good condition. Car has a "salvage rebuilt" on title due to a tree limb breaking the rear back glass years back and prior to restoration work. The body was not damaged, and the rear glass was replaced. I have NC title. Serious only, for details. I am located in Durham NC. $4,850 Price

Copy and paste in your email: b5673906a3ab30f487a1771893d17b38@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Dodge Coronet 440 4 Dr Sedan.

'65 Dodge Coronet NC a.jpg

'65 Dodge Coronet NC b.jpg

'65 Dodge Coronet NC c.jpg

'65 Dodge Coronet NC d.jpg

'65 Dodge Coronet NC e.jpg

'65 Dodge Coronet NC f.jpg

'65 Dodge Coronet NC g.jpg

'65 Dodge Coronet NC h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Same Price $4,850: 1-21-2022: Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I also like the car, its styling and original lower end configuration, but I'm not understanding the "it has a salvage title because a tree limb broke the rear window out" story. What do those two things possibly have to do with each other??

I love the multiple posts of reasonable priced four doors!  This is something you don’t see much. The slant six is perfect now that I’m an old guy and stopped reading Hot Rod magazine.  I’d whip up some new upholstery, without worrying about finding 100% correct fabric.  Just something that looks good and makes it comfortable to drive. 

Salvage title would not be a problem here. Maybe the window cost was more than book value when it got broken.  But worth looking closely for other damage.

Gotta love the flipped air cleaner top trick!  Classic. More power!  Pretty sure the chrome valve cover is worth 6hp too.  

And yes, add a horn button!

• Like 2

Yes, It's possible that a previous owner just wanted to cash in on insurance when the tree limb fell. That was probably before the engine was rebuilt, so it may not have been a running car. He just wanted to unload it, so the insur. co. got it. I have no direct experience with salvage titles, but enough old car guys in my state have told me to stay away from them...our DMV is NOT very reasonable to deal with. 😒

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1965 Dodge Coronet 440 4 Dr Sedan - $4,850 - Durham, NC - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price $4,850: 1-21-2022: