2022 Flea Market Space Renewals?

A Woolf

• 1 month later...

Ouch just opened my vendor envelope today....  at $90 a space I'm thinking it's time to throw in the towel.    I live 40 minutes from Carlisle but they keep jacking the space fees and admission fees so I said goodbye to Carlisle 10 years ago.   How much does HERCO now charge for parking...?  A shopper said it was $20 a car last year...?

Was told the Greenfield icecream man didn't come in 2021 because HERCO jacked up the fees on them.     The shoppers were sad to see his absence. 

I go to the local one day Saturday swaps as a vendor and make a profit every time.... packed aisles and parking lots.    The prewar show in Luray VA was beautiful and affordable.  Lost money at Hershey as a vendor in 2021.   

Since my income has been halved in real life I guess I was expecting too much thinking space pricing would hold steady.   Walked away from eBay 2 years ago something about they keep jacking up the fees...

Edited by Wowabunga (see edit history)

If you're "pinching pennies" to have a week of fun, just raise your prices a notch to cover your expenses. I don't worry about it. It's still the biggest vacation bargain going.

See you at Luray.

Terry

On 1/29/2022 at 9:09 AM, Terry Bond said:

If you're "pinching pennies" to have a week of fun, just raise your prices a notch to cover your expenses.

My great grandparents told me first hand stories of struggle living thru the Great Depression...  the biggest lesson was to invest those pennies wisely.  When we get to Luray I'll tell you a few stories that may shake you in the knees.  

7 hours ago, Wowabunga said:

My great grandparents told me first hand stories of struggle living thru the Great Depression...  the biggest lesson was to invest those pennies wisely.  When we get to Luray I'll tell you a few stories that may shake you in the knees.  

Heard plenty from my parents too.  Lots of family working in Detroit at the time, in the automobile industry. It wasn't a good time at all. Somehow I think today's youth missed out on a lot of that "training." 

Luray certainly has been a great event and a breath of fresh air in the world.  It's a real old-fashioned small, laid-back friendly swap meet like we used to enjoy.   Very much looking forward to it. 

Don't forget to bring some old spark plugs for my collection.

Terry

• Like 1