1930 Imperial Convertible Project - Not Mine - $15,000

Marketplace - 1930 Chrysler Imperial Sedan 4D | Facebook

1930 Chrysler Imperial Model 80 Dual Side Mount/Rumble Seat Convertible-One of only 15 produced by the Locke Body Corporation and has the unique rumble seat door. This car was once in the Harrah's Auto Museum in Reno, Nevada. It is in the process of a total restoration. The body has been re-painted and the chrome and stainless trim have been professionally re-chromed and polished, The car was in running and driving condition before the restoration began. Finished, this car has the potential of becoming a 6 figure car. Call [hidden information] for more details and additional photos.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

• Like 2

I just saw this car...still for sale...on Hemmings.   If you go to the auction site given...you will even see parts laying all over

the floor...a partial paint job and even a neat set of replacement tires.   Did not know that this car such a scam history.

How can this STILL be going on ???

Ok, so I don't see a current Hemmings auction, but, looking at Facebook...   There is no phone number in Facebook - you can only 'message' Larry Brown.   You can access a profile for Larry, but it doesn't help much.

The Chrysler is listed for sale on ClassicCars.com -  by a selling dealer (???)  "Collector Cars, 625 County Rd 363, Taylor, MO 63471"   - Note:  Taylor, MO is the city and state appearing in the Larry Brown Facebook profile.

If you click on 'all' listings for the selling dealer - it gives you 34 items (cars and car parts) for sale.  If you click on the website for the selling dealer, it comes up: http://collectorcars.fotki.com.

My Chrome browser tells me the site is unsafe and that I should go back.   

To my surprise...  the car was 'featured' on Barn Finds originally on 1/27/2021 – and then UPDATED on Barn Finds on JUL 14, 2021 - and Barn Finds says a "Larry" is the owner.

If you Google search Images, you can find the car listed on at least 4 other sites - price ranges from 15 K to 80 K.   All the pictures on every site are the same. 

There is a profile for a "larry" on this forum.   He has posted links to cars for sale at the selling dealer website - last group of posts was in January.  His most recent visit to this site was in October. 

Anyone actually dealt with Larry?   As always - buyer beware 

I believe it is a legit car for sale,  somewhere out there.  The ad listed is not the legit ad though.  I believe the 80G ad was the legit one.  Why this car wins the award for most often tried to be scammed with,  for an early car like this and not a muscle car,  I don't know. 

The fact the ad originally posted is still using the old pictures in the original location is the tip off.  It's a unique car and a fairly unique background that one tends to remember.  

• Like 1

I sold this car in January of 2013 for $35,000, those are my pictures that they're using. Yes, it was a former Bill Harrah car, the person I bought it from here in Oregon had purchased it when they liquidated part of that collection in September of 1981. It was still on its Nevada title, and was a non-running project. I sold it to a "David E" in Quincy, Illinois. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cascadia said:

I sold this car in January of 2013 for $35,000, those are my pictures that they're using. Yes, it was a former Bill Harrah car, the person I bought it from here in Oregon had purchased it when they liquidated part of that collection in September of 1981. It was still on its Nevada title, and was a non-running project. I sold it to a "David E" in Quincy, Illinois. 

Weirdest story I have heard for awhile.  Wonder if David is restoring it ?