88 Coupe Driver's side sill emblem

ArcticWhite88

Jim Finn may have a good used sill plate with the emblem. (reatta60@gmail.com)

Several years back someone had some new Reatta name plates for the sill but they are probably long gone.   I do not think they were available as a separate item.

I have some reproduction "R" embroidered logo for 88-89 floor mats,  they were done in all 4 colors.  $7 each

Also I have a very limited number of "R" hub cap emblems,  they are new but might have some marks from being piled in a box.   $20 each

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

Thanks Barney!  Ironically, the R emblem on my driver's side floor mat is off.  I have it, but not sure how its affixed (I had guessed maybe ironed on, but unsure)  If you have one in red, I'm interested in that.  Would probably take 2, as I'm sure the other side will eventually come off. Let me know.  Thanks!

Thank you, and I have reached out to Jim regarding this.  

As an aside, thus far, this forum has been very friendly and helpful. It's great to have support and assistance from fellow hobbyists that know where to find things and who to contact.  I really appreciate it as a new Reatta owner and longtime car enthusiast. It makes the process more fun and easier to navigate!

If you have the "R" logo you should be able to reattach...  

I put hot glue on the backside of the logo........ and the first part cools before you finish,  so you put it in the microwave and watch the glue melt.... when it all gets liquid,  install it on the floor mat and put a weight on it until 

it has fully cooled.   

On 11/17/2021 at 9:44 AM, ArcticWhite88 said:

Thank you, and I have reached out to Jim regarding this.  

As an aside, thus far, this forum has been very friendly and helpful. It's great to have support and assistance from fellow hobbyists that know where to find things and who to contact.  I really appreciate it as a new Reatta owner and longtime car enthusiast. It makes the process more fun and easier to navigate!

This forum is in decline as the hobby has shifted.  Reattas are an interesting historical component of GM history.  This forum was highly active when a lot of Reattas were still considered used cars, and the forum numbers were off the charts.  There was a mix of restorers, guys who just wanted to keep their Reattas going and owners of pristine low mileage examples.   

Many hundreds of owners / enthusiasts have left the forum or check in irregularly.   Therefore, your inquiry will get answered, but be patient.   Except for me, most posters are quite optimistic and helpful.  I am a curmudgeon so get some shade from some of the regulars.  

19 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

This forum is in decline as the hobby has shifted.  Reattas are an interesting historical component of GM history.  This forum was highly active when a lot of Reattas were still considered used cars, and the forum numbers were off the charts.  There was a mix of restorers, guys who just wanted to keep their Reattas going and owners of pristine low mileage examples.   

Many hundreds of owners / enthusiasts have left the forum or check in irregularly.   Therefore, your inquiry will get answered, but be patient.   Except for me, most posters are quite optimistic and helpful.  I am a curmudgeon so get some shade from some of the regulars.  

What you say sadly is true. Reattas aren't driven much by most of their owners as far as I can tell. This forum is transitioning to more of a collectors forum than a repair forum like it use to be. Compared to the old days it's all but dead. Not many people are doing their own Reatta repairs and there just aren't a lot of Reatta collectors who hang out here.

I'm starting to question if a website like Reatta Owners Journal is even needed anymore. About all the information on ROJ is available here on this forum but it's not always easy to find. The How-To guides on the ROJ website makes it easy to lookup solutions to common Reatta problems but I wonder if many people are still using it. The forum on ROJ is about as slow as this one with just a few posts per day. There are still several Reatta owners that drive and do their own work on their Reattas. They don't worry about putting miles on their Reattas and don't worry about values. They visit routinely visit ROJ and I keep it going for them.

Thanks all for the reference.

Nice sill plates have always been sort of hard to find as the seat belt would get caught between the door and sill plate and smash down the ribs on the plate. This is especially bad on the drivers side as that, of course, is used more.

I was the one selling reproduction sill inserts but haven't had any made for quite a while.