1951 Super(?) Estate Wagon

parkertom

This is not my car, listed on local Craigslist. 
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/d/queenstown-1951-buick-woody/7372133424.html

Absolutely perfect in and out.
1951 Buick Woody. Under 70,000 original miles.
Show quality. 
Absolutely no issues whatsoever. Drive it to the West Coast. It's perfect. Art Deco Dash. Air conditioning. Straight 8. Wood is gorgeous. Paint is perfect. Chrome is perfect. Mechanically outstanding. Phone number in pictures. Will only respond to phone calls. Would consider taking in 63 Split Window Coupe 67 big block Corvette in partial trade or other interesting partial trades. 301xx346xx2842

image.jpeg.23a836dd44c9d28d7cb3de75117b2a34.jpeg

image.jpeg.3b6bf7d56a6c5f35159b6601c8f6d9c6.jpeg

image.jpeg.0b4534ac322cf2dd6863541e9584cdec.jpeg
image.jpeg.8f7435b8cdc01d79b0f0dd6e76f45b06.jpeg

Is this worth over 70G?  I know the cars he's looking to partially trade for in decent shape,  not perfect,  like #3 condition start in around that range and go up quickly.  Don't know of too many guys wit heither of those type foi Vettes that would want to go this direction but I could be wrong.  I would think maybe even trade if he's lucky. 

This smells like a next generation estate sale. Dad had what he loved, probably bought for $5,000 in 1970, and lovingly maintained it for 50 years or so.  Passed away and now son see cha-ching! his opportunity to get what he wanted growing up.  

Ad makes note of "Art Deco" dash and has no close ups of much of what he calls perfect.  Hhmmm, not sure.  

I think Matt Harwood would know a little better about value but it seems every woodie owner shoots for the stars when pricing these cars.  

• Like 1

I have been collecting Woodies for many years - too many in fact.

The market has "softened" a bit and they are not bringing what they were 10-15 years ago which, in my opinion, were ridiculously inflated prices. 

Every "bubble" eventually bursts but then they seem to gradually "re-inflate"

It's all cyclical

I have never been much for trading. If I didn't have the cash for something I wanted I would surely offer something I had and didn't want in exchange.

When I have been offered a trade or partial trade my answer has typically been " just sell it and bring me the cash". I don't think the second has ever happened.