1941 Lincoln Zephyr V-12 Fuel Pump Push Rod In Need Of One

Harold Dubose

According to an old MoTor's repair manual I have, the Lincoln Zephyr used the same fuel pump as the Ford V8 in 1941:   AC pump number 1523307.  If the pump is the same, perhaps the pump rod is interchangeable?  Here's a link to a ford V8 pump push rod.   https://www.parts123.com/parts123/dyndetail.pta?acclink=0000019a01458.   If it doesn't fit exacly, maybe you can modify it to work?

• Like 1

I pulled out an old Chilton flat rate manual, and the part numbers for the Ford and Lincoln push rods are different.  It gives the 1936-1948 Lincoln as 26h-9400-a  and it goes on to say that it is 8.9" long, (as opposed to 26h-9400-b for 1946-1948 which is 9.4").     The Ford part numbers are 48-9400-a and 48-9400b  1932-1948  iron cover and aluminum cover, respectively.   But the one listed in the link I provided yesterday is described as 8.87",  which is close enough to the 8.9" shown in the Chilton manual that it likely is interchangeable.

Thank you for the info Pete O, this is very helpful.

The specific fuel pump push rod I'm seeking is for the 1941 Lincoln Zephyr V-12, and I'm curious if Chilton shows a distinction between the V8 and V12.

Unfortunately, there is no rod in the vehicle that I can measure or compare what size ought to be there.

I sincerely appreciate your help as I venture to hunt down this push rod.

You could tell the diameter by trying different size drill bits until you find one that just slips into the hole, then measure the length necessary to reach the pump arm when the cam is all the way down. Then you would know if a Ford pushrod will fit. You could even make one if you knew what material to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1