Old Car Guys at the Mt View CA Bagel Shop

TerryB

Old guys at the bagel shop.........CLICK BAIT! I know the shop and all the participants.........it should say pre Neolithic car guys at the bagel shop. It had to be un leavened bread, as yeast wasn’t invented when these guys were young! Then again, the wheel wasn’t invented back then either!

Was the Battle of Megiddo really as bad as they said?

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TerryB said:

My son said he was looking for information about the group on the internet and couldn’t find anything.  You explained it very well Ed why he wasn’t able to find it.  

He needs to learn using a search engine that reads sand script. Something current to the Rosetta Stone.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Old guys at the bagel shop.........CLICK BAIT! I know the shop and all the participants.........it should say pre Neolithic car guys at the bagel shop. It had to be un leavened bread, as yeast wasn’t invented when these guys were young! Then again, the wheel wasn’t invented back then either!

I've asked Rich if BobJ was up yet...probably not...

Ed, you're just a Young Whippersnapper!

They all bought in town back when a decent house was only three hundred drachmas...................taxes weren’t too bad.........public utilities like water, sewer, and the other essentials weren’t invented till several hundred years after their initial purchase. 🥸

To be fair, they are a bunch of good guys, have nice cars, and are fun to visit. I plan on visiting them next month before Pebble. Maybe we can get a twenty foot long pry bar and open Bob J’s wallet to buy me a coffee. A bagel is just asking for too much............😝

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Maybe we can get a twenty foot long pry bar and open Bob J’s wallet to buy me a coffee.

Bring a Port-A-Power, Ed, easier to carry than the 20 ft pry bar.... We'll watch the moths fly out together and I'll photograph the occasion for Page 1 news.....

We’re gonna need a high speed camera to catch him if we get it open..........he will shut it so fast the light  photons may fall back into the black hole he calls his wallet! 

• Haha 1

I would expect a "bagel sandwich" to be 10 bucks, and a chai to be about 5.

But I paid $4.40 for a simple bagel toasted with a "smear" of cream cheese, seems high.

To me a bagel with smear is worth about $2.70, which is what it was not too long ago, while a bagel sandwich, with ham, cheese, etc could be $7.

A Venti plain coffee at Starbucks is now $2.70.

image.jpeg.650d8801c9189c5772df1e48a48d249c.jpeg

Chai Tea Latte

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mike6024 said:

I would expect a "bagel sandwich" to be 10 bucks, and a chai to be about 5.

But I paid $4.40 for a simple bagel toasted with a "smear" of cream cheese, seems high.

To me a bagel with smear is worth about $2.70, which is what it was not too long ago, while a bagel sandwich, with ham, cheese, etc could be $7.

A Venti plain coffee at Starbucks is now $2.70.

Arrive with your pre-scmeared & pre-toasted bagel in your pants pocket 

and your coffee in a thermos that you pour 

in your ride before you disembark.

No Problemo 

Jim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is the second car down a MG with rumble seat?  I saw one at a show a few years ago and read that it was the last production car to have one. Also there was a car identical to this one on an episode of Father Brown within the last couple of weeks.