Are these old axles in the UK Buick ?

• Michael Turney changed the title to Are these old axles in the UK Buick ?

I am not an expert on Buick, however the hubcaps are Buick, and the rear end and front axle are very similar to some late 1920s Buicks I have worked on. I wouldn't even try to guess which model or series they were from, however I would 'guess' the year from 1930 through 1932. The smaller models (50, 60?) are significantly different than the larger models (80, 90?).

Good morning 

Wayne thanks for responding I would guess 1930 to 1940. As they were left hear 

after the Second World War. The hub cap was on the wheel . It would be very nice

to find out if they are of interest to anybody please let me know if you can find out Michael. .

I would say right around 1930 - 31. And they have the optional wire wheels which are quite sought after. So of significant  interest to someone with one of these cars. I have a set myself and found a reasonably clear casting number and casting date on one of the front hubs.  ( 1931 in my case )  As Wayne points out above trying to figure out what series of Buick can be a bit difficult. If you remove a front drum you may be able to determine from brake size.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If you measure the diameter of the wheel that may narrow the scope as to what year it may be , look on the tire is there a size, if so let us know that as well.

Buick did not have wire wheels to the best of my knowledge from 1936 up until post WWII and the option was on the Skylark series in 1953.

The more information you give us the easier it will be to help you get an answer.

Good morning 

Wayne thanks for responding I would guess 1930 to 1940. As they were left hear 

after the Second World War. The hub cap was on the wheel . It would be very nice

to find out if they are of interest to anybody please let me know if you can find out Michael. .

On 7/6/2021 at 4:53 AM, Michael Turney said:

Gentlemen thank you for the information the tyre size is 7.00 x 19. I don’t think 

they are original. Any more information would be helpful thank you. Michael. 

My 1931 Model 67 has 19" wheels.

The hubcap looks 30 or 31.  I believe 32 had a double bar on the left side of the "B".  They match my 31 model 96 and as stated earlier they are 19".  I'm guessing that the axles are 30 and 31 large series (60, 80, 90).