Jump to content

Filling rear shocks question-'51 Super


Recommended Posts

What apparatus do you guys use to add hydraulic oil to the rear shocks ? The filler hole is a tiny 3/8" . I've tried my smallest funnel, small diameter rubber hose in combination with a large syringe. Nothing fits but a small eye dropper. I'd be there all weekend if I went that route.


I'm down about an inch from it's recommended level of 1/2" below filler opening.

Thanks all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm almost ashamed to admit it , but a few feet away on a shelf was my seldom used metal oil can with flexible spout as Rusty Heaps and other suggested.

Why I didn't even think of using this, I can only attribute to advancing age.


She worked like a charm, "easy peasy". I ended up using a zip tie as a dip stick.


Who needs special GM tool "Shock absorber Gun KMO 1026 & Adapter J 1611" as the manual calls for ??? 

Thanks guys !!




  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...